Los Angeles News
Wild Valley pursuit ends with 2 in custody
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A wild and dangerous pursuit on surface streets through the northern San Fernando Valley ended with two suspects being taken into custody.
Authorities say they began pursuing a dark-colored SUV due to reckless driving in North Hollywood at about 4:20 p.m. Friday, but the vehicle would not yield. The chase went through Arleta, Panorama City and then San Fernando.
During the middle of the pursuit, the LAPD helicopter notified officers in the pursuit that they should enter "tracking mode," hoping that the suspect would slow down when officers were further back.
The SUV did not slow down and ran a red light, colliding with a car at the intersection of Arleta Avenue and Branford Street. It was not yet known if anyone was injured from the crash. He also side-swiped several other vehicles during the pursuit.
The police chase ended in the city of San Fernando on Brand Boulevard when two suspects jumped out from the passenger side. One man was immediately taken into custody, while the second man was arrested after a short foot pursuit. The suspects' names have not been released.
pursuit, arrest, los angeles news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- Teen survives CA to HI flight in wheel well
- 3 new Hollywood sex abuse lawsuits expected 52 min ago
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 4-car crash
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role