Los Angeles News
Wild Valley pursuit ends with 2 in custody
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A wild and dangerous pursuit on surface streets through the northern San Fernando Valley ended with two suspects being taken into custody.
Authorities say they began pursuing a dark-colored SUV due to reckless driving in North Hollywood at about 4:20 p.m. Friday, but the vehicle would not yield. The chase went through Arleta, Panorama City and then San Fernando.
During the middle of the pursuit, the LAPD helicopter notified officers in the pursuit that they should enter "tracking mode," hoping that the suspect would slow down when officers were further back.
The SUV did not slow down and ran a red light, colliding with a car at the intersection of Arleta Avenue and Branford Street. It was not yet known if anyone was injured from the crash. He also side-swiped several other vehicles during the pursuit.
The police chase ended in the city of San Fernando on Brand Boulevard when two suspects jumped out from the passenger side. One man was immediately taken into custody, while the second man was arrested after a short foot pursuit. The suspects' names have not been released.
pursuit, arrest, los angeles news
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run 18 min ago
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- Aereo case: Justices skeptical, concerned
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet 9 min ago
- abcnews: Man accused of killing teens who entered home
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- Zadan, Meron to produce Oscars for 3rd year
- OTRC: Drew Barrymore gives birth to baby No. 2