Los Angeles News
Wild Valley pursuit ends with 2 in custody
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A wild and dangerous pursuit on surface streets through the northern San Fernando Valley ended with two suspects being taken into custody.
Authorities say they began pursuing a dark-colored SUV due to reckless driving in North Hollywood at about 4:20 p.m. Friday, but the vehicle would not yield. The chase went through Arleta, Panorama City and then San Fernando.
During the middle of the pursuit, the LAPD helicopter notified officers in the pursuit that they should enter "tracking mode," hoping that the suspect would slow down when officers were further back.
The SUV did not slow down and ran a red light, colliding with a car at the intersection of Arleta Avenue and Branford Street. It was not yet known if anyone was injured from the crash. He also side-swiped several other vehicles during the pursuit.
The police chase ended in the city of San Fernando on Brand Boulevard when two suspects jumped out from the passenger side. One man was immediately taken into custody, while the second man was arrested after a short foot pursuit. The suspects' names have not been released.
pursuit, arrest, los angeles news
- Los Angeles mayoral race: Eric Garcetti wins
- Oklahoma tornado damage could top $2 billion
- Prop D, limit on pot shops in LA, passes
- 'DWTS' season finale: New champion crowned
- Bear roams around Shadow Hills neighborhood
- LA city attorney race: Mike Feuer wins
- Ron Galperin wins LA city controller race
- Immigration bill approved by Senate committee
- Jodi Arias jury sentencing deliberations begin
- abcnews: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe 55 min ago
- Bin Laden photos: Court sides with US govt
- Sleep remedies for a better night's rest 5 min ago
- MJ wrongful death trial: Damaging emails surface
- Photos: 'Dancing With The Stars' week 10
- 'Captain Kangaroo' treasures now on sale
6 min ago