Los Angeles News
Wild Valley pursuit ends with 2 in custody
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A wild and dangerous pursuit on surface streets through the northern San Fernando Valley ended with two suspects being taken into custody.
Authorities say they began pursuing a dark-colored SUV due to reckless driving in North Hollywood at about 4:20 p.m. Friday, but the vehicle would not yield. The chase went through Arleta, Panorama City and then San Fernando.
During the middle of the pursuit, the LAPD helicopter notified officers in the pursuit that they should enter "tracking mode," hoping that the suspect would slow down when officers were further back.
The SUV did not slow down and ran a red light, colliding with a car at the intersection of Arleta Avenue and Branford Street. It was not yet known if anyone was injured from the crash. He also side-swiped several other vehicles during the pursuit.
The police chase ended in the city of San Fernando on Brand Boulevard when two suspects jumped out from the passenger side. One man was immediately taken into custody, while the second man was arrested after a short foot pursuit. The suspects' names have not been released.
pursuit, arrest, los angeles news
- 4.4-magnitude earthquake strikes LA area 4 min ago
- Body found at Anaheim trash center identified 10 min ago
- Video: Stranded man rescued from Castaic crash
- Russia calls on Ukraine to be a federal state
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Santa Monica building fire leaves 5 people hurt
- Male remains found in Gorman - investigators
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- abcnews: Delta plane loses part of wing mid-air
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians