Los Angeles News
Commerce hit-and-run suspect surrenders to police
COMMERCE, Calif. (KABC) -- A hit-and-run suspect who left a man dead in Commerce is now behind bars after he surrendered to police.
Police say Hugo Chavez, 21, of Bell, was driving a truck that struck and killed 19-year-old Jose Mendoza Torres on Thursday.
Investigators don't know exactly how the accident happened, but say it was in an area known for street racing.
Chavez will be arraigned on Tuesday.
hit and run, los angeles news
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood 1 min ago
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train 53 min ago
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February 12 min ago
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion 19 min ago
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
46 min ago