Los Angeles News
Man in wheelchair shot to death in Inglewood
INGLEWOOD, Calif. (KABC) -- A man in a wheelchair was shot and killed while looking for suspects who had vandalized his Inglewood home.
Sergio Velez, 49, was shot to death early Sunday morning in a nearby driveway on the 900 block of Osage Avenue. Police say he had been shot in the head and chest.
Family members say their home had been vandalized, and Velez was trying to find whoever was responsible. Flower pots had been thrown through the windows of his home, car tires were slashed and there was graffiti on the walls.
There was no description of the suspects immediately available.
Anyone with information on the slaying is urged to call Inglewood Police at (310) 412-5240 or the 24-hour anonymous hotline at (888) 41-CRIME.
City News Service contributed to this report.
homicide investigation, shooting, vandalism, los angeles news
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks 29 min ago
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea 11 min ago
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Michaels data breach: 2.6M cards affected
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour