Los Angeles News
Man in wheelchair shot to death in Inglewood
INGLEWOOD, Calif. (KABC) -- A man in a wheelchair was shot and killed while looking for suspects who had vandalized his Inglewood home.
Sergio Velez, 49, was shot to death early Sunday morning in a nearby driveway on the 900 block of Osage Avenue. Police say he had been shot in the head and chest.
Family members say their home had been vandalized, and Velez was trying to find whoever was responsible. Flower pots had been thrown through the windows of his home, car tires were slashed and there was graffiti on the walls.
There was no description of the suspects immediately available.
Anyone with information on the slaying is urged to call Inglewood Police at (310) 412-5240 or the 24-hour anonymous hotline at (888) 41-CRIME.
City News Service contributed to this report.
homicide investigation, shooting, vandalism, los angeles news
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins 32 min ago
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait 12 min ago
- Coach pleads no contest to molesting girls
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- LAPD crash: Funeral services announced 34 min ago
- Portion of 405 South to close for 2 nights
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested 56 min ago
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book