Los Angeles News
Man in wheelchair shot to death in Inglewood
INGLEWOOD, Calif. (KABC) -- A man in a wheelchair was shot and killed while looking for suspects who had vandalized his Inglewood home.
Sergio Velez, 49, was shot to death early Sunday morning in a nearby driveway on the 900 block of Osage Avenue. Police say he had been shot in the head and chest.
Family members say their home had been vandalized, and Velez was trying to find whoever was responsible. Flower pots had been thrown through the windows of his home, car tires were slashed and there was graffiti on the walls.
There was no description of the suspects immediately available.
Anyone with information on the slaying is urged to call Inglewood Police at (310) 412-5240 or the 24-hour anonymous hotline at (888) 41-CRIME.
City News Service contributed to this report.
homicide investigation, shooting, vandalism, los angeles news
- Nelson Mandela dies in South Africa at age 95
- IE domestic-violence murder suspect at large
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- Help Garth stuff busses full of toys in Ontario
- Los Angeles Co. social workers go on strike
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow
- 4 local brothers are all members of LAPD
- UCSB meningitis: Student's legs amputated
- US teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- 2015 Ford Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- Over 2 million Internet accounts hacked
- Man arrested in Paul Walker wreckage theft
- OTRC: Keri Russell, husband Shane Deary separate