Los Angeles News
Man in wheelchair shot to death in Inglewood
INGLEWOOD, Calif. (KABC) -- A man in a wheelchair was shot and killed while looking for suspects who had vandalized his Inglewood home.
Sergio Velez, 49, was shot to death early Sunday morning in a nearby driveway on the 900 block of Osage Avenue. Police say he had been shot in the head and chest.
Family members say their home had been vandalized, and Velez was trying to find whoever was responsible. Flower pots had been thrown through the windows of his home, car tires were slashed and there was graffiti on the walls.
There was no description of the suspects immediately available.
Anyone with information on the slaying is urged to call Inglewood Police at (310) 412-5240 or the 24-hour anonymous hotline at (888) 41-CRIME.
City News Service contributed to this report.
homicide investigation, shooting, vandalism, los angeles news
- Deputies gun down armed man during fight
- Loot-seeking vandals trash Palmdale church
- Calif. law takes effect on microstamping guns
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- 1 arrested, 2 outstanding after VC pursuit
- IE woman punches officer, tries to take Taser
- Deputies rescue stranded Swedish family
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Tornadoes sweep across Kansas and Oklahoma
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures
- Beckham in tears as he bids farewell to Paris
- 'Star Trek' tops box office with $70.6M debut
- Swift to perform at Billboard Music Awards
- OTRC: Jennifer Lawrence's accused stalker arrested