Los Angeles News
2 killed in crash on I-10, I-710 connector in Alhambra
ALHAMBRA, Calif. (KABC) -- Two men were killed early Tuesday morning in a single-vehicle crash on the connector road linking the westbound 10 Freeway and the southbound 710 Freeway in Alhambra.
The crash was reported around 1:10 a.m. California Highway Patrol officials said the driver failed to negotiate a turn on the HOV lane and the SUV went over the side of the roadway, landing about 100 feet below.
A male sitting in the right front seat and a male sitting in the right rear seat died from their injuries, authorities said.
"It's a combination of speed with the mixing of alcohol. The driver is going to be under investigation for possibly driving impaired," said Sgt. Bill Preciado of the California Highway Patrol.
The female driver suffered a broken arm. She was taken to a hospital and will be booked for vehicular manslaughter. Another passenger was also taken to the hospital with non life-threatening injuries.
It was not immediately known how fast the SUV was traveling.
car crash, los angeles news, subha ravindhran
- Los Angeles mayoral race: Eric Garcetti wins 12 min ago
- Search for Oklahoma survivors almost complete
- Prop D, limit on pot shops in LA, passes
- 'DWTS' season finale: New champion crowned
- LA city attorney race: Mike Feuer wins 54 min ago
- Ron Galperin wins LA city controller race
- Huffing suspected in college student's death
- Immigration bill approved by Senate committee
- Jodi Arias jury sentencing deliberations begin
- abcnews: Boston bombing probe heads to Russia
- Bin Laden photos: Court sides with US govt
- Kings lose to Sharks 2-1, series tied 2-2
- MJ wrongful death trial: Damaging emails surface
- Photos: 'Dancing With The Stars' week 10