Los Angeles News
Body of missing FBI agent found in Burbank
BURBANK, Calif. (KABC) -- The body of missing FBI agent Stephen Ivens has been found in a wooded area in Burbank, police confirmed on Tuesday.
Authorities say the family has been notified. An official identification of the body will be done by the coroner's office.
Ivens, 35, was last seen on May 10 near his home in the 1700 block of Scott Road.
On Monday night, two hikers walking in the foothills above Burbank smelled a suspicious odor in the 3600 block of Scott Road. They found what appeared to be human remains and immediately called police.
Police said a weapon was recovered at the scene.
Before becoming an FBI agent three years ago, Ivens was an officer with the Los Angeles Police Department for eight years. He has a wife and a 1-year-old baby.
missing person, los angeles news
- Artesia hit-run accident leaves woman dead
- Gunman at large in East LA party shooting
- Drug boat washes ashore in Manhattan Beach
- Protests against Monsanto held around world
- Boy on bicycle killed by truck in Simi Valley
- Wildfire breaks out north of Moreno Valley
- OC thieves sought for smash-grab robbery
- Communications satellite launched into space
- abcnews: WWII medals back after mistaken donation
- London attack: 3 more arrested in slaying
- Rogers, gay soccer player, joins LA Galaxy
- Bynes alleges sexual assault by NYPD officer
- OTRC: Blake Shelton's Oklahoma benefit concert
- Eye on LA reveals sizzling hot summer guide