Los Angeles News
'Plain Jane Bandit' holds up Cerritos bank
CERRITOS, Calif. (KABC) -- The bank robber dubbed the "Plain Jane Bandit" has struck again, holding up a Chase branch in Cerritos.
The suspect robbed the branch located on the 11000 block of South Street at about 10:40 a.m. Tuesday. This is the eighth bank she's hit across Southern California within a span of less than a month.
Just a day before, the suspect held up a Bank of America branch on Paramount Boulevard in Downey.
In addition to Cerritos and Downey, the suspect has held up banks in Santa Fe Springs, Whittier, Buena Park, Wildomar and two locations in Moreno Valley since July 12.
During the Cerritos heist, the suspect left before getting any money. Though she has never brandished a weapon, detectives say she should still be considered dangerous.
The FBI says the suspect uses the same method every time. She walks into a bank, and shows the teller a note asking for cash. She has also indicated that a second person is waiting for her outside the bank, but no accomplice has ever been seen.
She earned her nickname after witnesses described her as a plain Jane. She's believed to be 35 to 40 years old, 5 foot 3 to 5 foot 5 and weighs up to 170 pounds. Some witnesses have seen a possible scar below or next to her right eye, as well as a possible tattoo on her right shoulder area.
Authorities say she may be driving a silver, four-door car with a sunroof.
Officials with U.S. Bank are offering a reward of up to $10,000 in exchange for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the suspect. Anyone with information is urged to call the FBI at (310) 477-6565.
bank robbery, los angeles news, q mccray
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies 14 min ago
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim 18 min ago
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified 4 min ago
- Indio High students, faculty tested for TB
- Lancaster woman found dead; sons questioned
- Calif. jobless rate continues positive trend
- Utah's same-sex marriage ban overturned 29 min ago
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled 46 min ago
- San Jose company recalls sausage products 36 min ago
- Understanding symbols on plastic containers
- Bejo's 'Past' character sometimes unlikeable
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)