Los Angeles News
'Plain Jane Bandit' holds up Cerritos bank
CERRITOS, Calif. (KABC) -- The bank robber dubbed the "Plain Jane Bandit" has struck again, holding up a Chase branch in Cerritos.
The suspect robbed the branch located on the 11000 block of South Street at about 10:40 a.m. Tuesday. This is the eighth bank she's hit across Southern California within a span of less than a month.
Just a day before, the suspect held up a Bank of America branch on Paramount Boulevard in Downey.
In addition to Cerritos and Downey, the suspect has held up banks in Santa Fe Springs, Whittier, Buena Park, Wildomar and two locations in Moreno Valley since July 12.
During the Cerritos heist, the suspect left before getting any money. Though she has never brandished a weapon, detectives say she should still be considered dangerous.
The FBI says the suspect uses the same method every time. She walks into a bank, and shows the teller a note asking for cash. She has also indicated that a second person is waiting for her outside the bank, but no accomplice has ever been seen.
She earned her nickname after witnesses described her as a plain Jane. She's believed to be 35 to 40 years old, 5 foot 3 to 5 foot 5 and weighs up to 170 pounds. Some witnesses have seen a possible scar below or next to her right eye, as well as a possible tattoo on her right shoulder area.
Authorities say she may be driving a silver, four-door car with a sunroof.
Officials with U.S. Bank are offering a reward of up to $10,000 in exchange for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the suspect. Anyone with information is urged to call the FBI at (310) 477-6565.
bank robbery, los angeles news, q mccray
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino 12 min ago
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles 39 min ago
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- 4.3-magnitude earthquake strikes Kern County 1 min ago
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea 5 min ago
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested 7 min ago
- Michaels data breach: 2.6M cards affected
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
41 min ago