Los Angeles News
'Plain Jane Bandit' holds up Cerritos bank
CERRITOS, Calif. (KABC) -- The bank robber dubbed the "Plain Jane Bandit" has struck again, holding up a Chase branch in Cerritos.
The suspect robbed the branch located on the 11000 block of South Street at about 10:40 a.m. Tuesday. This is the eighth bank she's hit across Southern California within a span of less than a month.
Just a day before, the suspect held up a Bank of America branch on Paramount Boulevard in Downey.
In addition to Cerritos and Downey, the suspect has held up banks in Santa Fe Springs, Whittier, Buena Park, Wildomar and two locations in Moreno Valley since July 12.
During the Cerritos heist, the suspect left before getting any money. Though she has never brandished a weapon, detectives say she should still be considered dangerous.
The FBI says the suspect uses the same method every time. She walks into a bank, and shows the teller a note asking for cash. She has also indicated that a second person is waiting for her outside the bank, but no accomplice has ever been seen.
She earned her nickname after witnesses described her as a plain Jane. She's believed to be 35 to 40 years old, 5 foot 3 to 5 foot 5 and weighs up to 170 pounds. Some witnesses have seen a possible scar below or next to her right eye, as well as a possible tattoo on her right shoulder area.
Authorities say she may be driving a silver, four-door car with a sunroof.
Officials with U.S. Bank are offering a reward of up to $10,000 in exchange for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the suspect. Anyone with information is urged to call the FBI at (310) 477-6565.
bank robbery, los angeles news, q mccray
- Vandals break in, trash church in Palmdale
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- Greuel, Garcetti rally for undecided voters
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Deputies shoot, kill armed man during fight 29 min ago
- Couple arrested in LA pot grow operation
- Police impersonator halts bus in Redlands
- Deaf Yorkie held for ransom is back home
- Frazier Park fire: Crews gain upper hand
- Virginia parade crash injures up to 60 people
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Kings lose to Sharks 2-1 in OT of Game 3
- OTRC: Kelly Rowland in talks to be 'X Factor' judge
- Local soldier killed on 1st Afghanistan tour
53 min ago