Los Angeles News
Hit-and-run driver plows into North Hills home
NORTH HILLS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A hit-and-run driver plowed into an apartment building in North Hills, forcing a family of four to evacuate their home on Thursday.
The crash happened around 2:30 a.m. near the intersection of Parthenia Street and Noble Avenue.
Yessina Rivas says all she could think about in the moments after the accident was her daughter. One-year-old Brianna was curled up next to her mother in bed in the living room when an SUV came crashing through the wall around 2:30 a.m.
The driver of the Dodge Durango took off when the car hit the building, investigators said.
A search was under way for the driver, who witnesses said was a woman. A male passenger in the vehicle did not flee. He was treated at the scene for some minor injuries.
A man who lives in the building said he felt the whole building shake when the SUV smashed into the building.
"I was watching TV and I hear the tire screech. I hear a crash and the building shook up," said North Hills resident Ivan Tellez.
The family in the damaged home and the residents in the unit above had to be evacuated, according to the building manager. Officials were trying to determine if the building will be red-tagged.
Anyone with information was asked to contact Los Angeles Police Valley Traffic Division at (818) 644-8000.
A bank account has been set up for donations for the family:Wells Fargo
car crash, los angeles news, subha ravindhran
- NKorea deports captive American war veteran
- Quick, cold front brings rain, chance of snow 58 min ago
- Covina home-invasion robbery: girl, dad shot
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- 87-year-old rescued from OC mobile home fire 10 min ago
- Ex-detective arrested for tipping off gang
- Family settles over Chino school gun accident
- Suspected heist reported, 12 tons of pot found
- New Mexico cop fired after minivan shooting
- 6 detained in theft of radioactive material
- abcnews: Alleged cannibal ran hotel w/ grill area 50 min ago
- Smartphone apps for a better night's sleep
- 'Out of the Furnace' showcases pacing, acting
- OTRC: Grammys 2014 - list of nominees
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
56 min ago