Los Angeles News
Man shot to death in La Puente parking lot
LA PUENTE, Calif. (KABC) -- A murder investigation is under way in La Puente where a man was shot to death in the parking lot of a liquor store.
Deputies responded to the K & B Liquor in the 400 block of South Azusa Avenue at about 9:30 p.m. Wednesday. When they arrived, they found the victim in the parking lot suffering from multiple gunshot wounds. The man was rushed to a local hospital, where he was later pronounced dead.
The focus of the investigation centers around a white Chevy pickup truck. The doors were still open when authorities arrived. Clothing and bullet casings were found on the ground.
Detectives believe an argument led to some sort of physical fight, and then the suspect pulled out a gun and shot the victim.
"They were inside the store at different times, and that once they came out, is when the argument occurred," said Lt. Eddie Hernandez of the L.A. County Sheriff's Department.
The suspect was described as a Hispanic man with a shaved head, last seen wearing a gray T-shirt and blue jeans. Investigators say he fled on foot.
The victim's name has not been released.
murder, homicide investigation, shooting, los angeles news, john gregory
- Covina shooting: Adult, 4-year-old girl hurt
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Ontario
- 'Valley Bandit' wanted for 8 bank robberies
- Family settles over Chino school gun accident 4 min ago
- Suspected heist reported, 12 tons of pot found
- Joseph Gatto's stolen jewelry pieces sought
- abcnews: Brutal elevator attack shocks Chinese city
- World Cup: US to play Ghana, Portugal, Germany
- McDonald's accidentally gives cash to couple
- Billy Joel to perform at the Hollywood Bowl
- Bob Dylan's guitar sells for nearly $1M 34 min ago
- OTRC: Kelly Clarkson talks baby names (Video)