Los Angeles News
Woman found murdered in Long Beach; police seek boyfriend
LONG BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Police are investigating the circumstances surrounding the murder of a young mother at a mobile home park in Long Beach.
The body of Eleonora Rivera Hidalgo, 22, was found shot to death around 10:30 p.m. Saturday inside a parked car outside a home in the 6400 block of Atlantic Avenue that she shared with her boyfriend, 24-year-old Marcos Gustavo Zermeno.
Witnesses told police she had been arguing with her boyfriend inside the car before they heard a gunshot. Police said Zermeno, a documented gang member, was seen trying to steal an occupied car and ended up jumping a wall.
Police were trying to track down Zermeno. He was described as 5-foot-6, 170 pounds, with black hair and brown eyes. He has a tattoo on his neck that reads "Eleonora" and another on his right shoulder depicting a collage of skulls.
The couple shared three children, ages 2, 6 and 7, who were being cared for by relatives.
"She was a happy girl, she loved her kids," said Elizabeth Perez, the victim's sister-in-law. "She was a good mom, a great mom."
Anyone with information on the shooting or Zermeno's whereabouts was asked to call Long Beach police at (562) 435-6711.
murder, long beach, los angeles news, amy powell
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- Greuel, Garcetti rally for undecided voters
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- CA task force aims to control gun ownership
- Couple arrested in LA pot grow operation
- Police impersonator halts bus in Redlands
- Deaf Yorkie held for ransom is back home
- Frazier Park fire: Crews gain upper hand
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Virginia parade crash injures up to 60 people
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Kings lose to Sharks 2-1 in OT of Game 3
- abcnews: Flesh-eating bacteria survivor's bionic hands
- OTRC: Kristen Wiig talks about missing 'SNL'