Los Angeles News
Woman found murdered in Long Beach; police seek boyfriend
LONG BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Police are investigating the circumstances surrounding the murder of a young mother at a mobile home park in Long Beach.
The body of Eleonora Rivera Hidalgo, 22, was found shot to death around 10:30 p.m. Saturday inside a parked car outside a home in the 6400 block of Atlantic Avenue that she shared with her boyfriend, 24-year-old Marcos Gustavo Zermeno.
Witnesses told police she had been arguing with her boyfriend inside the car before they heard a gunshot. Police said Zermeno, a documented gang member, was seen trying to steal an occupied car and ended up jumping a wall.
Police were trying to track down Zermeno. He was described as 5-foot-6, 170 pounds, with black hair and brown eyes. He has a tattoo on his neck that reads "Eleonora" and another on his right shoulder depicting a collage of skulls.
The couple shared three children, ages 2, 6 and 7, who were being cared for by relatives.
"She was a happy girl, she loved her kids," said Elizabeth Perez, the victim's sister-in-law. "She was a good mom, a great mom."
Anyone with information on the shooting or Zermeno's whereabouts was asked to call Long Beach police at (562) 435-6711.
murder, long beach, los angeles news, amy powell
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Woman gives $500 to friend who's a single mom
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)