Los Angeles News
1-year-old girl found dead in South LA under 'suspicious circumstances'
SOUTH LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A 1-year-old girl was found dead in South Los Angeles under what is being called "suspicious circumstances."
Los Angeles County sheriff's homicide investigators said the infant was found in the 1300 block of West 105th Street in an incorporated area.
Deputies said they responded to a 911 call Sunday afternoon about a baby not breathing.
"When paramedics arrived on scene, they found a female 1-year-old that was not breathing, and she was pronounced dead here at the scene," said Lt. Holly Francisco of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.
Investigators did not release details. A coroner is investigating the cause of death.
Anyone with information was asked to contact the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department's Homicide Bureau at (323) 890-5500.
south los angeles, los angeles news
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal 59 min ago
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Business leaders concerned about LADWP
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Target photo flap creates thigh gap 29 min ago
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Selena Gomez films Adidas ads (Photos)