Los Angeles News
1-year-old girl found dead in South LA under 'suspicious circumstances'
SOUTH LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A 1-year-old girl was found dead in South Los Angeles under what is being called "suspicious circumstances."
Los Angeles County sheriff's homicide investigators said the infant was found in the 1300 block of West 105th Street in an incorporated area.
Deputies said they responded to a 911 call Sunday afternoon about a baby not breathing.
"When paramedics arrived on scene, they found a female 1-year-old that was not breathing, and she was pronounced dead here at the scene," said Lt. Holly Francisco of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.
Investigators did not release details. A coroner is investigating the cause of death.
Anyone with information was asked to contact the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department's Homicide Bureau at (323) 890-5500.
south los angeles, los angeles news
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- Greuel, Garcetti rally for undecided voters
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- CA task force aims to control gun ownership
- Couple arrested in LA pot grow operation
- Police impersonator halts bus in Redlands
- Deaf Yorkie held for ransom is back home
- Frazier Park fire: Crews gain upper hand
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Virginia parade crash injures up to 60 people
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Kings lose to Sharks 2-1 in OT of Game 3
- abcnews: Flesh-eating bacteria survivor's bionic hands
- OTRC: Kristen Wiig talks about missing 'SNL'