Los Angeles News
1-year-old girl found dead in South LA under 'suspicious circumstances'
SOUTH LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A 1-year-old girl was found dead in South Los Angeles under what is being called "suspicious circumstances."
Los Angeles County sheriff's homicide investigators said the infant was found in the 1300 block of West 105th Street in an incorporated area.
Deputies said they responded to a 911 call Sunday afternoon about a baby not breathing.
"When paramedics arrived on scene, they found a female 1-year-old that was not breathing, and she was pronounced dead here at the scene," said Lt. Holly Francisco of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.
Investigators did not release details. A coroner is investigating the cause of death.
Anyone with information was asked to contact the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department's Homicide Bureau at (323) 890-5500.
south los angeles, los angeles news
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified 34 min ago
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim
- Torrance donut shop robbery: Suspect sought
- Man found dead after house fire in Orange
- 405 accidents snarl Sepulveda Pass commute
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation
- Judge strikes down Utah's same-sex marriage ban 53 min ago
- abcnews: Service dog sniffs out girl's disease
- London theater collapse: Aging venues safe?
- Casey Kasem conservatorship deal reached
- 9-yr-old FL girl is youngest to bowl 300 game 15 min ago
- OTRC: Phil Robertson's fam talk 'Duck Dynasty' future