Los Angeles News
Bear family makes repeat visits to Altadena house
ALTADENA, Calif. (KABC) -- A mother bear and her two cubs are starting to feel right at home in an Altadena neighborhood, making repeat appearances.
Two nights in a row, Altadena resident Dustin Kelly and his family found the trio of bears in their back yard, and Tuesday night's encounter was caught on tape.
Kelly said the bears showed up at his home twice in two days - both times at 10:30 p.m. He said the three bears sprawled out on his lawn and enjoyed the night air.
"As long as we kind of kept our distance and didn't bother them, they really didn't bother us," Kelly said.
He said the bear trio has visited his neighborhood about seven or eight times in the past.
Kelly has named the mama bear Lucy and the kids Boo Boo and Bam Bam. Lucy at one point attacked Kelly's family dog, but the dog is doing OK.
Authorities say since the bears are not showing any major signs of aggression, they're just telling people to stay away from them.
animal news, los angeles news, subha ravindhran
- Gunman at large in East LA party shooting
- Drug boat washes ashore in Manhattan Beach
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking
- Anaheim begins closing marijuana dispensaries
- Ex-PTA president allegedly stole candy funds
- OC teen to be tried as adult in dad beating
- Ex-Compton deputy fire chief out on bail
- Palmdale boy dies after allegedly being tortured
- AZ sheriff's office profiles Latinos - judge
- London attack: Suspect's friend questioned
- abcnews: WWII medals back after mistaken donation
- Rogers, gay soccer player, joins LA Galaxy
- 'The Rock' returns for 'Fast & Furious 6'
- OTRC: Will Smith reunites with 'Fresh Prince' stars