Los Angeles News
North Hollywood standoff ends with suspect in custody
NORTH HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- An overnight standoff in North Hollywood on the 7100 block of Varna Avenue ended when the suspect was taken into custody.
A man, who claimed to be armed, surrendered without further incident.
That man showed up at his father's house around 10 p.m. Tuesday, and despite a restraining order, he refused to leave.
The father called police, and the SWAT team was called in when the man said he had a gun.
The residents of four surrounding homes were evacuated during the standoff.
Los Angeles police say there was never a gun, but the man may have been under the influence of drugs.
north hollywood, standoff, los angeles news
- Secret Service probe Target security breach
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne 38 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case 29 min ago
- LA Council speaks on immigration deportations 34 min ago
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP
- Man convicted at 16 resentenced under new law
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds
- Tips on how to avoid Xmas holiday hazards
27 min ago