Los Angeles News
North Hollywood standoff ends with suspect in custody
NORTH HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- An overnight standoff in North Hollywood on the 7100 block of Varna Avenue ended when the suspect was taken into custody.
A man, who claimed to be armed, surrendered without further incident.
That man showed up at his father's house around 10 p.m. Tuesday, and despite a restraining order, he refused to leave.
The father called police, and the SWAT team was called in when the man said he had a gun.
The residents of four surrounding homes were evacuated during the standoff.
Los Angeles police say there was never a gun, but the man may have been under the influence of drugs.
north hollywood, standoff, los angeles news
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks 49 min ago
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea 31 min ago
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested 19 min ago
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Michaels data breach: 2.6M cards affected
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour