Los Angeles News
North Hollywood standoff ends with suspect in custody
NORTH HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- An overnight standoff in North Hollywood on the 7100 block of Varna Avenue ended when the suspect was taken into custody.
A man, who claimed to be armed, surrendered without further incident.
That man showed up at his father's house around 10 p.m. Tuesday, and despite a restraining order, he refused to leave.
The father called police, and the SWAT team was called in when the man said he had a gun.
The residents of four surrounding homes were evacuated during the standoff.
Los Angeles police say there was never a gun, but the man may have been under the influence of drugs.
north hollywood, standoff, los angeles news
- LA Marathon: Ethiopian runners sweep race
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Los Angeles Marathon 2014 street closures
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- William Clay Ford, Lions owner, dies
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video