Los Angeles News
Gunmen hold up Stater Bros. in Bellflower
BELLFLOWER, Calif. (KABC) -- Los Angeles County sheriff's deputies are searching for two armed men who held up a Stater Bros. market in Bellflower.
Authorities said the suspects entered the market in the 1700 block of Lakewood Boulevard at about 9:25 p.m. Tuesday. The men went register to register, stealing about $250, before escaping.
The supermarket was open at the time, packed with customers.
One of the gunmen pistol-whipped the store manager. He was taken to the hospital with a head injury.
No customers were hurt, but they were detained as sheriff's deputies searched the store.
Anyone with information is urged to call the Lakewood Sheriff's Station at (562) 623-3500.
robbery, los angeles news
- Greuel, Garcetti rally for undecided voters
- Body found near area where hiker went missing 14 min ago
- Castaic-area brush fire nears containment
- CA task force aims to control gun ownership
- Couple arrested in LA pot grow operation
- OC church burglary suspect in custody
- Police impersonator halts bus in Redlands
- Frazier Park fire: Crews gain upper hand
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Virginia parade crash injures up to 60 people
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- abcnews: Flesh-eating bacteria survivor's bionic hands
- OTRC: Jennifer Lopez debuts 'Live It Up' video