Los Angeles News
Gunmen hold up Stater Bros. in Bellflower
BELLFLOWER, Calif. (KABC) -- Los Angeles County sheriff's deputies are searching for two armed men who held up a Stater Bros. market in Bellflower.
Authorities said the suspects entered the market in the 1700 block of Lakewood Boulevard at about 9:25 p.m. Tuesday. The men went register to register, stealing about $250, before escaping.
The supermarket was open at the time, packed with customers.
One of the gunmen pistol-whipped the store manager. He was taken to the hospital with a head injury.
No customers were hurt, but they were detained as sheriff's deputies searched the store.
Anyone with information is urged to call the Lakewood Sheriff's Station at (562) 623-3500.
robbery, los angeles news
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal 3 min ago
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Business leaders concerned about LADWP
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Target photo flap creates thigh gap 14 min ago
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Selena Gomez films Adidas ads (Photos)
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
18 min ago