Los Angeles News
Gunmen hold up Stater Bros. in Bellflower
BELLFLOWER, Calif. (KABC) -- Los Angeles County sheriff's deputies are searching for two armed men who held up a Stater Bros. market in Bellflower.
Authorities said the suspects entered the market in the 1700 block of Lakewood Boulevard at about 9:25 p.m. Tuesday. The men went register to register, stealing about $250, before escaping.
The supermarket was open at the time, packed with customers.
One of the gunmen pistol-whipped the store manager. He was taken to the hospital with a head injury.
No customers were hurt, but they were detained as sheriff's deputies searched the store.
Anyone with information is urged to call the Lakewood Sheriff's Station at (562) 623-3500.
robbery, los angeles news
- Body found in canyon ID'd as Maribel Ramos
- Castaic-area brush fire nears containment
- CA task force aims to control gun ownership
- Greuel, Garcetti vie for last-minute votes
- Oak Hills bust nets nearly 2K pot plants
- Suspect shot, hurt after aiming gun at police
- OC church burglary suspect in custody
- Yosemite park's tourist amenities at stake 44 min ago
- Frazier Park fire: Crews gain upper hand
- Tornado-ravaged Texas town to start recovery
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles 20 min ago
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- abcnews: Flesh-eating bacteria survivor's bionic hands
- OTRC: Jennifer Lopez debuts 'Live It Up' video