Los Angeles News
Pico Rivera man allegedly stabs grandmother
PICO RIVERA, Calif. (KABC) -- A 22-year-old man was arrested for repeatedly stabbing his 76-year-old grandmother, leaving her in critical condition, authorities said.
Los Angeles County sheriff's officials said the stabbing was reported about 8:30 p.m. Wednesday at a home in the 5500 block of Bridgeview Avenue in Pico Rivera. Officials said Joseph Torres and his grandmother had a brief argument that may have led to the attack.
Officials said the grandfather found his wife in the front room of the home with multiple stab wounds and called 911.
Arriving deputies found the suspect on the front porch of the house and detained him. They later found a knife in a basket on the porch.
Torres was being held at the Twin Towers Correctional Facility on $1.01 million bail.
City News Service contributed to this report.
stabbing, arrest, pico rivera, los angeles news
- James Gandolfini of 'Sopranos' dies at 51
- Hollywood panhandlers allegedly kill LA woman
- OC caregiver arrested for alleged sex assault
- Tip led to ex-USC professor's Mexico arrest
- Fugitive child-abuse couple seen in Maywood
- Wrong-way driver charged with DUI in 14 pile-up
- West Hills murder suspect pleads not guilty
- Man stabbed during carjacking in Oxnard
- TWA Flight 800 documentary hints at cover-up
- Afghan leader suspends talks with Taliban, US
- abcnews: Marine returns from war as underwear model
- Piedmont beef's lower fat entices connoisseurs
- Michael Jackson chef describes confrontation
- OTRC: 'Anchorman 2' new trailer (Video)
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
45 min ago
- Beverly Hills 9OH2O luxury water put to test
7 min ago