Los Angeles News
Pico Rivera man allegedly stabs grandmother
PICO RIVERA, Calif. (KABC) -- A 22-year-old man was arrested for repeatedly stabbing his 76-year-old grandmother, leaving her in critical condition, authorities said.
Los Angeles County sheriff's officials said the stabbing was reported about 8:30 p.m. Wednesday at a home in the 5500 block of Bridgeview Avenue in Pico Rivera. Officials said Joseph Torres and his grandmother had a brief argument that may have led to the attack.
Officials said the grandfather found his wife in the front room of the home with multiple stab wounds and called 911.
Arriving deputies found the suspect on the front porch of the house and detained him. They later found a knife in a basket on the porch.
Torres was being held at the Twin Towers Correctional Facility on $1.01 million bail.
City News Service contributed to this report.
stabbing, arrest, pico rivera, los angeles news
- NKorea deports captive American war veteran
- Covina home-invasion robbery: girl, dad shot
- Ex-detective arrested for tipping off gang
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- 'Valley Bandit' wanted for 8 bank robberies
- Family settles over Chino school gun accident
- Suspected heist reported, 12 tons of pot found
- New Mexico cop fired after minivan shooting
- abcnews: Bill Clinton reveals insights from Mandela
- 6 detained in theft of radioactive material
- Smartphone apps for a better night's sleep
- Long Beach motorcycle show offers demo rides
- 'Out of the Furnace' showcases pacing, acting
- OTRC: Grammys 2014 - list of nominees