Los Angeles News
Venice Beach zip line plans move forward
VENICE, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Plans for a zip line at Venice Beach are flying right along. The Board of Public works has approved a permit for the attraction.
The 700-foot zip line would operate as a three-month pilot project. It still needs approval from the California Coastal Commission.
Some residents are against it, citing noise and traffic problems. Supporters say the attraction could bring in much-needed revenue.
venice beach, los angeles news
- NKorea deports captive American war veteran
- Covina home-invasion robbery: girl, dad shot
- Ex-detective arrested for tipping off gang
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- 'Valley Bandit' wanted for 8 bank robberies
- Family settles over Chino school gun accident
- Suspected heist reported, 12 tons of pot found
- New Mexico cop fired after minivan shooting
- abcnews: Bill Clinton reveals insights from Mandela
- 6 detained in theft of radioactive material
- Robo-seal pups help patients fight dementia
- Long Beach motorcycle show offers demo rides
- 'Out of the Furnace' showcases pacing, acting 49 min ago
- OTRC: Grammys 2014 - list of nominees
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
58 min ago