Los Angeles News
Venice Beach zip line plans move forward
VENICE, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Plans for a zip line at Venice Beach are flying right along. The Board of Public works has approved a permit for the attraction.
The 700-foot zip line would operate as a three-month pilot project. It still needs approval from the California Coastal Commission.
Some residents are against it, citing noise and traffic problems. Supporters say the attraction could bring in much-needed revenue.
venice beach, los angeles news
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Malaysia missing jet: Focus turns to pilots
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Burbank stabbing leaves 2 in serious condition
- High-speed chase leads to arrests, 5 injuries 19 min ago
- Young woman's body found in Santa Paula park 44 min ago
- Brush fire erupts in Thermal, near Indio 36 min ago
- Gorman brush fire: Crews gaining upper hand
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report