Los Angeles News
Westwood plane crash pilot identified as local attorney
WESTWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The pilot who died when his small plane crashed in Westwood has been identified as Sean McMillan of Westchester.
The attorney took off from the Santa Monica airport on Friday, crashing a short time later. Witnesses say it appeared McMillan went out of his way to make sure no one else got hurt.
McMillan is also being remembered for his service in Flight Angels. He would pilot people in need of medical treatment.
The cause of the crash was under investigation bythe Federal Aviation Administration and the National Transportation Safety Board.
plane crash, westside, faa, los angeles news
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case 30 min ago
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90 5 min ago
- OTRC: Stacy Keibler weds boyfriend Jared Pobre
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
17 min ago