Los Angeles News
Westwood plane crash pilot identified as local attorney
WESTWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The pilot who died when his small plane crashed in Westwood has been identified as Sean McMillan of Westchester.
The attorney took off from the Santa Monica airport on Friday, crashing a short time later. Witnesses say it appeared McMillan went out of his way to make sure no one else got hurt.
McMillan is also being remembered for his service in Flight Angels. He would pilot people in need of medical treatment.
The cause of the crash was under investigation bythe Federal Aviation Administration and the National Transportation Safety Board.
plane crash, westside, faa, los angeles news
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse 1 min ago
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Kidnap suspect search shuts down DTLA streets 4 min ago
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Man barricaded in Whittier apartment building 44 min ago
- IE man found guilty of molesting 3 girls
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Mrs. Doubtfire 2' planned, child star reacts
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
54 min ago