Los Angeles News
Westwood plane crash pilot identified as local attorney
WESTWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The pilot who died when his small plane crashed in Westwood has been identified as Sean McMillan of Westchester.
The attorney took off from the Santa Monica airport on Friday, crashing a short time later. Witnesses say it appeared McMillan went out of his way to make sure no one else got hurt.
McMillan is also being remembered for his service in Flight Angels. He would pilot people in need of medical treatment.
The cause of the crash was under investigation bythe Federal Aviation Administration and the National Transportation Safety Board.
plane crash, westside, faa, los angeles news
- Target probe focuses on processing centers 51 min ago
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified 4 min ago
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim
- Torrance donut shop robbery: Suspect sought
- Man found dead after house fire in Orange
- 405 accidents snarl Sepulveda Pass commute
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation
- Judge strikes down Utah's same-sex marriage ban 23 min ago
- abcnews: Service dog sniffs out girl's disease
- London theater collapse: Aging venues safe?
- Casey Kasem conservatorship deal reached 32 min ago
- Harry Potter play in the works by J.K. Rowling
- OTRC: Phil Robertson's fam talk 'Duck Dynasty' future