Los Angeles News
Westwood plane crash pilot identified as local attorney
WESTWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The pilot who died when his small plane crashed in Westwood has been identified as Sean McMillan of Westchester.
The attorney took off from the Santa Monica airport on Friday, crashing a short time later. Witnesses say it appeared McMillan went out of his way to make sure no one else got hurt.
McMillan is also being remembered for his service in Flight Angels. He would pilot people in need of medical treatment.
The cause of the crash was under investigation bythe Federal Aviation Administration and the National Transportation Safety Board.
plane crash, westside, faa, los angeles news
- Search for Oklahoma survivors almost complete 48 min ago
- Greuel, Garcetti face off on Election Day
- 'DWTS' season finale: New champion crowned 31 min ago
- Kings lose to Sharks 2-1, series tied 2-2
- LA search-and-rescue on standby for Oklahoma
- Prosecutors shed light on Maribel Ramos murder
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts on 2 girls
- Immigration bill approved by Senate committee
- Jodi Arias jury sentencing deliberations begin
- abcnews: Boston bombing probe heads to Russia
- Bin Laden photos: Court sides with US govt
- 2013 Legacy, Outback recalled for steering issue
- MJ wrongful death trial: Damaging emails surface
- Photos: 'Dancing With The Stars' week 10