Los Angeles News
Hearse driver dies while taking body to funeral, Beverly Hills police say
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (KABC) -- Beverly Hills police made a bizarre find near the Beverly Hills Hotel Monday afternoon.
Around 3 p.m., authorities were alerted that a body was slumped over in the front seat of a parked hearse. When officers arrived, they found two bodies inside - one in a casket in the back and the other in the driver's seat.
Police believe the hearse's driver died while on her way to deliver a body in a casket to a funeral at a local cemetery.
The coroner is investigating, but it does not appear any foul play was involved. Authorities said the woman appeared to have died of natural causes, and no weapons or evidence of violence were found.
The woman's identity has not been released, pending family notification.
body found, los angeles news
- Artesia hit-run accident leaves woman dead
- Gunman at large in East LA party shooting
- Drug boat washes ashore in Manhattan Beach
- Protests against Monsanto held around world
- Boy on bicycle killed by truck in Simi Valley 11 min ago
- Wildfire breaks out north of Moreno Valley
- OC thieves sought for smash-grab robbery
- Ex-PTA president allegedly stole candy funds
- Communications satellite launched into space
- abcnews: WWII medals back after mistaken donation
- London attack: 3 more arrested in slaying
- Rogers, gay soccer player, joins LA Galaxy
- OTRC: Blake Shelton's Oklahoma benefit concert
- Eye on LA reveals sizzling hot summer guide