Los Angeles News
Hearse driver dies while taking body to funeral, Beverly Hills police say
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (KABC) -- Beverly Hills police made a bizarre find near the Beverly Hills Hotel Monday afternoon.
Around 3 p.m., authorities were alerted that a body was slumped over in the front seat of a parked hearse. When officers arrived, they found two bodies inside - one in a casket in the back and the other in the driver's seat.
Police believe the hearse's driver died while on her way to deliver a body in a casket to a funeral at a local cemetery.
The coroner is investigating, but it does not appear any foul play was involved. Authorities said the woman appeared to have died of natural causes, and no weapons or evidence of violence were found.
The woman's identity has not been released, pending family notification.
body found, los angeles news
- London theater partial collapse; 80+ hurt 32 min ago
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Rain, winds moving across Southern California
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected 29 min ago
- School hacking: Tutor wanted for questioning 18 min ago
- 14 hospitalized in Riverside County bus crash 23 min ago
- 2 taken to hospital after school bus crash
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family
- India wants NYC arrested diplomat case dropped
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston: I have Lupus Myelitis