Los Angeles News
Parasailing offers fun way to see Southern California coastline
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- It's hot and people have been heading to the beach to beat the heat. We thought that we'd take it one step further -- about 800 feet further -- with parasailing.
Whether to conquer fears or to enjoy the last bit of summer, our boat was packed with people hoping for a sky high adventure.
The ride feels like a comfortable swing, and if you are brave, you can do a bit of acrobatics. Tricks aside, you get a tour of the coast from Marina del Rey all the way to Malibu. There are extraordinary views along the way, such as the Santa Monica Pier.
"I felt like an airplane leaving the airport, and then when I got up there, it was very relaxing," said one young daredevil.
As far as extreme sports go, parasailing is pretty safe. You must wear a life vest and harness; the parasailing rope is changed every few months; and they do not fly in questionable weather.
If you can't squeeze this in before the end of summer, don't worry. You can parasail year-round, and the price starts at $65.
los angeles news, bri winkler
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected 43 min ago
- Rain, winds move into Southern California 7 min ago
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point