Los Angeles News
Parasailing offers fun way to see Southern California coastline
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- It's hot and people have been heading to the beach to beat the heat. We thought that we'd take it one step further -- about 800 feet further -- with parasailing.
Whether to conquer fears or to enjoy the last bit of summer, our boat was packed with people hoping for a sky high adventure.
The ride feels like a comfortable swing, and if you are brave, you can do a bit of acrobatics. Tricks aside, you get a tour of the coast from Marina del Rey all the way to Malibu. There are extraordinary views along the way, such as the Santa Monica Pier.
"I felt like an airplane leaving the airport, and then when I got up there, it was very relaxing," said one young daredevil.
As far as extreme sports go, parasailing is pretty safe. You must wear a life vest and harness; the parasailing rope is changed every few months; and they do not fly in questionable weather.
If you can't squeeze this in before the end of summer, don't worry. You can parasail year-round, and the price starts at $65.
los angeles news, bri winkler
- Search for Oklahoma survivors almost complete 37 min ago
- Greuel, Garcetti face off on Election Day 15 min ago
- Prosecutors shed light on Maribel Ramos murder 17 min ago
- Vinny Del Negro out as LA Clippers coach
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts on 2 girls
- LA voters to decide future of marijuana shops
- Jogger sexually assaulted in Santa Paula
- UC hospital workers strike over understaffing
- Jodi Arias jury sentencing deliberations begin
- Bin Laden photos: Court sides with US govt
- abcnews: Boston bombing probe heads to Russia 28 min ago
- SF 49ers new stadium to host Super Bowl 50
- 2013 Legacy, Outback recalled for steering issue
- Photos: 'Dancing With The Stars' week 10