Los Angeles News
Target job fair to fill positions for new downtown LA store
WEST LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- With construction on Target's new downtown Los Angeles location in full swing, the retailer is set to do some serious hiring.
Approximately 250 positions are up for grabs at a Target job fair, which takes place Thursday through Saturday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Olympic Collection Banquet Hall & Conference Center at 11301 Olympic Blvd. in West Los Angeles.
During the job fair, store leaders will review applications and conduct one-on-one interviews. Applicants can apply in advance at www.target.com/careers.
Eager applicants woke up early and lined up with hopes of landing a job. Compton resident Geville Bell was first in line. She is applying for six positions and says the economy has made it difficult to find a job and many agree.
"It's been hard. I've been sending out applications. I've been sending out my resume. I've been sending out cover letters out there hoping to get a callback," said Los Angeles resident Walber Conejo.
Target representatives say as much as a store is needed downtown, bringing jobs to the community is equally important.
"We're adding jobs to the community that didn't exist prior. So we're excited to provide this service to our guests, to fill our brand promise of expecting more and paying less, but then also providing jobs to the community," said Simone Tatro with Target.
The available positions are for the retailer's new downtown Los Angeles CityTarget store, which is slated to open Oct. 14 at 7th and Figueroa streets.
jobs, west los angeles, downtown, los angeles news, darsha philips
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead 58 min ago
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 3-car crash
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy in Harbor City
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role