Los Angeles News
Target job fair to fill positions for new downtown LA store
WEST LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- With construction on Target's new downtown Los Angeles location in full swing, the retailer is set to do some serious hiring.
Approximately 250 positions are up for grabs at a Target job fair, which takes place Thursday through Saturday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Olympic Collection Banquet Hall & Conference Center at 11301 Olympic Blvd. in West Los Angeles.
During the job fair, store leaders will review applications and conduct one-on-one interviews. Applicants can apply in advance at www.target.com/careers.
Eager applicants woke up early and lined up with hopes of landing a job. Compton resident Geville Bell was first in line. She is applying for six positions and says the economy has made it difficult to find a job and many agree.
"It's been hard. I've been sending out applications. I've been sending out my resume. I've been sending out cover letters out there hoping to get a callback," said Los Angeles resident Walber Conejo.
Target representatives say as much as a store is needed downtown, bringing jobs to the community is equally important.
"We're adding jobs to the community that didn't exist prior. So we're excited to provide this service to our guests, to fill our brand promise of expecting more and paying less, but then also providing jobs to the community," said Simone Tatro with Target.
The available positions are for the retailer's new downtown Los Angeles CityTarget store, which is slated to open Oct. 14 at 7th and Figueroa streets.
jobs, west los angeles, downtown, los angeles news, darsha philips
- Oklahoma tornado: Recovery effort under way 5 min ago
- Undersheriff Tanaka speaks out against Baca
- Garcetti, Greuel make final stops across LA
- 'DWTS': Zendaya holds lead in final four
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts w/ 2 girls
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery
- Video: Pit bull owners rally against discrimination
- Girl escapes brazen kidnap attempt in OC
- UC hospital workers to strike over higher pay
- NKorea on day 3 of short-range weapon launches
- abcnews: Apple CEO defends offshore tax policy
- Experts warn about testosterone supplements
- Ray Manzarek, The Doors founder, dies at 74
- OTRC: 'Dancing With The Stars' recap - week 10