Los Angeles News
LA restaurant gives discount to cellphone-free customers
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A Los Angeles restaurant is serving up a unique discount.
Eva Restaurant wants customers to leave cellphones with the staff when they are seated. If they do so, they will get 5 percent off the bill.
The owner said it's not about other diners being annoyed by cellphone chatter or the glow of screens. He wants to create an atmosphere where people interact with people, and not technology.
Nearly 50 percent of diners take advantage of the deal.
food, technology, los angeles news
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully 16 min ago
- S. Korean ferry's slow evacuation probed 2 min ago
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Mount Everest avalanche: 6 killed, 9 missing
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- Kittens accidentally shipped from LA to SD
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)