Los Angeles News
LA restaurant gives discount to cellphone-free customers
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A Los Angeles restaurant is serving up a unique discount.
Eva Restaurant wants customers to leave cellphones with the staff when they are seated. If they do so, they will get 5 percent off the bill.
The owner said it's not about other diners being annoyed by cellphone chatter or the glow of screens. He wants to create an atmosphere where people interact with people, and not technology.
Nearly 50 percent of diners take advantage of the deal.
food, technology, los angeles news
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor 55 min ago
- 12 arrested, $2.5M in drugs seized in sting
- Ex-deputy convicted in fatal bar shooting
- Bell's Rizzo to plead guilty to tax evasion
- Car slams into Ventura house; driver arrested
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense presents case
- abcnews: Ohio police chief slams Kanye West
- Klinsmann to remain as US coach through 2018
- Sitting still for hours raises blood clot risk
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach
- Redmond O'Neal testifies in Fawcett art case
- OTRC: Disney Channel film to feature Belle's son