Los Angeles News
LA restaurant gives discount to cellphone-free customers
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A Los Angeles restaurant is serving up a unique discount.
Eva Restaurant wants customers to leave cellphones with the staff when they are seated. If they do so, they will get 5 percent off the bill.
The owner said it's not about other diners being annoyed by cellphone chatter or the glow of screens. He wants to create an atmosphere where people interact with people, and not technology.
Nearly 50 percent of diners take advantage of the deal.
food, technology, los angeles news
- Injured LAPD officer released from hospital
- LA Marathon: Ethiopian runners sweep race 42 min ago
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- San Dimas boat crash leaves 1 dead, 1 injured 13 min ago
- Los Angeles Marathon 2014 street closures
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- William Clay Ford, Lions owner, dies
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks