Los Angeles News
Made in LA Pavilion at Las Vegas apparel trade show to showcase local manufacturers
DOWTOWN LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa on Thursday toured the Design Knit textile plant near downtown Los Angeles.
He also announced that the city will sponsor the Made in L.A. Pavilion at the nation's largest apparel trade show in Las Vegas next week.
The pavilion will showcase nearly a dozen local manufacturers. Officials said the Los Angeles apparel industry supports over 48,000 jobs.
antonio villaraigosa, los angeles news
- OC sheriff's reserve sgt. found shot, beaten 2 min ago
- Los Angeles mayoral race: Eric Garcetti wins
- Oklahoma tornado damage could top $2 billion
- Man shot to death in Boston bombing probe
- Injured volunteer wants thousands from hiker
- Prop D, limit on pot shops in LA, passes
- Big rig, truck collide in Pomona; 2 killed
- Body positively identified as missing hiker
- Arias jury stuck but must keep deliberating 45 min ago
- abcnews: Cleveland kidnap victims 'happy and safe'
- UK attack driven by radical Islam - officials
- MJ wrongful death trial: Damaging emails surface
- 'DWTS' season finale: New champion crowned
- PHOTOS: 'Dancing With The Stars' finale