Los Angeles News
Los Angeles Olympics bid to be pushed by Councilman Tom LaBonge
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Los Angeles City Councilman Tom LaBonge is set to call on a California committee to bid to host a future Olympics.
An aide to LaBonge said the councilman will introduce a motion during Friday's City Council meeting calling on the Southern California Committee for the Olympic Games to "explore a future bid."
There is no word on which games he's set his sights on, but 2032 is being floated as a possibility.
That would be 100 years since the city hosted its first Olympic games.
The move could mean a big economic boost to the area. Los Angeles was home to the games in 1984 and 1932.
los angeles news
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured 46 min ago
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona 27 min ago
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Rain, winds moving across Southern California
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- School hacking: Tutor wanted for questioning
- Rodman in NKorea to prep for basketball game
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken 34 min ago
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Katie Couric's talk show to end this summer
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis
- Local mountains get fresh blanket of snow
59 min ago
- Jeremy Renner discusses future roles
49 min ago