Los Angeles News
Los Angeles Olympics bid to be pushed by Councilman Tom LaBonge
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Los Angeles City Councilman Tom LaBonge is set to call on a California committee to bid to host a future Olympics.
An aide to LaBonge said the councilman will introduce a motion during Friday's City Council meeting calling on the Southern California Committee for the Olympic Games to "explore a future bid."
There is no word on which games he's set his sights on, but 2032 is being floated as a possibility.
That would be 100 years since the city hosted its first Olympic games.
The move could mean a big economic boost to the area. Los Angeles was home to the games in 1984 and 1932.
los angeles news
- Ex-LA deputy alleges corruption in department
- Winkler removed from Saugus school board
- Video released in attack of transgender woman
- Prostitution bust at OC hotel - exclusive
- MTA bus drivers claim illness from pesticide
- Michael Hastings, BuzzFeed reporter, dies
- Ex-USC professor on FBI wanted list arrested
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director
- abcnews: NFL star's home searched after killing
- Chrysler agrees to Jeep recall over fire risk
- Heat beat Spurs 103-100, force Game 7
- Michael Jackson's personal chef testifies
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy