Los Angeles News
Manhattan Beach robber brandishes shotgun, slashes clerk's throat
MANHATTAN BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Manhattan Beach police are looking for the man who robbed a smoke shop and slashed the clerk's throat.
It was all caught on camera at about 4 p.m. Thursday at the Cigar and Smoke Shop at the intersection of Artesia and Aviation boulevards.
In the footage, the man is seen walking into the store with a long cardboard box. He strikes up a conversation with the clerk, then suddenly pulls out a shotgun from that box, points it at the clerk and ushers him to the back of the store.
Authorities say the suspect handcuffed the worker then returned to the front of the store and took all the money from the cash register. Police said that's when the suspect returned to the back of the store, took out a knife and slit the worker's throat.
According to investigators, that worker was able to dial 911 after the attack. He was rushed to the hospital for emergency surgery. He was reported in stable condition and expected to recover.
The suspect is described as a black man in his 30s with a thin build, a light mustache and short hair. If caught, he will be charged with robbery and attempted murder.
If you have any information about this case, you're urged to call Manhattan Beach Police at (310) 802-5140.
stabbing, robbery, los angeles news, q mccray
- Deputies gun down armed man during fight
- Loot-seeking vandals trash Palmdale church 51 min ago
- Calif. law takes effect on microstamping guns
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- 1 arrested, 2 outstanding after VC pursuit
- IE woman punches officer, tries to take Taser
- Deputies rescue stranded Swedish family
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Deaf Yorkie held for ransom is back home
- Tornadoes sweep across Kansas and Oklahoma
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures
- Beckham in tears as he bids farewell to Paris
- 'Star Trek' tops box office with $70.6M debut
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
47 min ago