Los Angeles News
Manhattan Beach robber brandishes shotgun, slashes clerk's throat
MANHATTAN BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Manhattan Beach police are looking for the man who robbed a smoke shop and slashed the clerk's throat.
It was all caught on camera at about 4 p.m. Thursday at the Cigar and Smoke Shop at the intersection of Artesia and Aviation boulevards.
In the footage, the man is seen walking into the store with a long cardboard box. He strikes up a conversation with the clerk, then suddenly pulls out a shotgun from that box, points it at the clerk and ushers him to the back of the store.
Authorities say the suspect handcuffed the worker then returned to the front of the store and took all the money from the cash register. Police said that's when the suspect returned to the back of the store, took out a knife and slit the worker's throat.
According to investigators, that worker was able to dial 911 after the attack. He was rushed to the hospital for emergency surgery. He was reported in stable condition and expected to recover.
The suspect is described as a black man in his 30s with a thin build, a light mustache and short hair. If caught, he will be charged with robbery and attempted murder.
If you have any information about this case, you're urged to call Manhattan Beach Police at (310) 802-5140.
stabbing, robbery, los angeles news, q mccray
- Secret Service probe Target security breach
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne 47 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case 38 min ago
- LA Council speaks on immigration deportations 43 min ago
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP
- Man convicted at 16 resentenced under new law
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds
- Tips on how to avoid Xmas holiday hazards
36 min ago