Los Angeles News
LA Councilman Richard Alarcon's aide charged w/ vehicular manslaughter.
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- An aide to Los Angeles City Councilman Richard Alarcon has been charged with misdemeanor vehicular manslaughter.
Manuel Figueras allegedly ran down a pedestrian while driving a city vehicle through North Hollywood last March.
Gary Woodford, 55, was struck and killed while crossing Vineland Avenue.
Figueras is scheduled to be arraigned Sept. 17. He faces up to a year in jail if convicted.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
north hollywood, los angeles news
- Los Angeles mayoral race: Eric Garcetti wins 54 min ago
- Search for Oklahoma survivors almost complete
- Prop D, limit on pot shops in LA, passes
- 'DWTS' season finale: New champion crowned
- Bear roams around Shadow Hills neighborhood 31 min ago
- LA city attorney race: Mike Feuer wins
- Ron Galperin wins LA city controller race
- Immigration bill approved by Senate committee
- Jodi Arias jury sentencing deliberations begin
- abcnews: Boston bombing probe heads to Russia
- Bin Laden photos: Court sides with US govt
- Kings lose to Sharks 2-1, series tied 2-2
- MJ wrongful death trial: Damaging emails surface
- Photos: 'Dancing With The Stars' week 10