Los Angeles News
LA Councilman Richard Alarcon's aide charged w/ vehicular manslaughter.
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- An aide to Los Angeles City Councilman Richard Alarcon has been charged with misdemeanor vehicular manslaughter.
Manuel Figueras allegedly ran down a pedestrian while driving a city vehicle through North Hollywood last March.
Gary Woodford, 55, was struck and killed while crossing Vineland Avenue.
Figueras is scheduled to be arraigned Sept. 17. He faces up to a year in jail if convicted.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
north hollywood, los angeles news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58 9 min ago
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- North Hollywood hit-and-run driver sought
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy near Torrance
- Driver smashes car into Fillmore dollar store 42 min ago
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Ohio couple married 70 yrs die 15 hours apart
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour