Los Angeles News
LA Councilman Richard Alarcon's aide charged w/ vehicular manslaughter.
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- An aide to Los Angeles City Councilman Richard Alarcon has been charged with misdemeanor vehicular manslaughter.
Manuel Figueras allegedly ran down a pedestrian while driving a city vehicle through North Hollywood last March.
Gary Woodford, 55, was struck and killed while crossing Vineland Avenue.
Figueras is scheduled to be arraigned Sept. 17. He faces up to a year in jail if convicted.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
north hollywood, los angeles news
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure
- 3 Simi Valley schools face possible shutdown
- 12 arrested, $2.5M in drugs seized in sting
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Canoga Park
- Ex-deputy convicted in fatal bar shooting
- Bell's Rizzo to plead guilty to tax evasion
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense presents case
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- abcnews: Ohio police chief slams Kanye West
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- IKEA recalls lamp following death of child
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach
- Redmond O'Neal testifies in Fawcett art case
- OTRC: Disney Channel film to feature Belle's son