Los Angeles News
Boy, 9, injured in Avalon Gardens shooting
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Three people were injured, including a 9-year-old boy, when a shooting broke out in the Avalon Gardens apartments in Los Angeles.
The incident happened about 11 p.m. at Caliburn Drive near Manchester Avenue.
One of the victims, 37-year-old De Edmond Brown, died at the hospital.
The boy was hit in the chest and was reported in stable condition and was expected to be OK
The third victim, a 31-year-old man, was also expected to be OK.
Police said they found the suspect at the hospital, where he, too, was being treated for gunshot wounds. They said a second suspect was still at large.
Detectives said Brown was socializing with friends when the two suspects approached the group and began firing. The group scattered in different directions. Brown ran inside the apartment complex, where he was tracked down by the suspects in a hallway and shot multiple times in the upper torso, detectives said.
Homicide detectives are handling the case, which is believed to be gang related.
shooting, gang activity, los angeles news
- LA gang coordinated from Kansas house: arrest
- I-5 bridge collapses in Wash.; people in water
- Boy Scouts vote to accept openly gay boys
- Palmdale boy allegedly tortured; 2 in custody
- LB regulates loud mufflers w/ electronic sign
- Prize-winning bulldogs stolen from IE home
- 5.7-magnitude earthquake strikes NorCal city
- Covered California announces 13 health plans
- Jodi Arias sentencing: Judge declares mistrial
- abcnews: NY man rescued after month of alleged torture
- London attack investigation: 2 more arrests
- Consumer Reports tests summertime sunscreens
- Katherine Jackson cries, leaves courtroom 45 min ago
- OTRC: Jennifer Aniston plays stripper in 'Millers'