Los Angeles News
Manhattan Beach robbery suspect identified
MANHATTAN BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- The suspect behind a gruesome robbery at a Manhattan Beach smoke shop has been identified.
Detectives are searching for 18-year-old Tyler Rodgers, who is currently on probation for robbery.
The incident took place Thursday afternoon, and much of it was caught on surveillance camera.
At about 4 p.m., a suspect who fits Rodgers' description walked into the Cigar and Smoke Shop at the intersection of Artesia and Aviation boulevards.
In the footage, the suspect is seen carrying a long cardboard box. He suddenly pulls out a shotgun from that box, points it at the clerk and ushers him to the back of the store. Police said the suspect handcuffed the clerk, took money from the register and then slit the employee's throat. That clerk was rushed to emergency surgery and was expected to recover.
The suspect was described as a young black man with a thin build, light mustache and short hair. If caught, the suspect would be charged with robbery and attempted murder.
Anyone with information is urged to call Manhattan Beach police at (310) 802-5170.
stabbing, robbery, los angeles news
- Malaysian PM: Jet's disappearance deliberate
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Brush fire burns near Gorman by Quail Lake
- OC 'flasher' suspect captured in San Diego
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage
- Man who hoarded snakes in OC home charged
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)