Los Angeles News
Manhattan Beach robbery suspect identified
MANHATTAN BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- The suspect behind a gruesome robbery at a Manhattan Beach smoke shop has been identified.
Detectives are searching for 18-year-old Tyler Rodgers, who is currently on probation for robbery.
The incident took place Thursday afternoon, and much of it was caught on surveillance camera.
At about 4 p.m., a suspect who fits Rodgers' description walked into the Cigar and Smoke Shop at the intersection of Artesia and Aviation boulevards.
In the footage, the suspect is seen carrying a long cardboard box. He suddenly pulls out a shotgun from that box, points it at the clerk and ushers him to the back of the store. Police said the suspect handcuffed the clerk, took money from the register and then slit the employee's throat. That clerk was rushed to emergency surgery and was expected to recover.
The suspect was described as a young black man with a thin build, light mustache and short hair. If caught, the suspect would be charged with robbery and attempted murder.
Anyone with information is urged to call Manhattan Beach police at (310) 802-5170.
stabbing, robbery, los angeles news
- Rizzo gets 12 years in prison for corruption 53 min ago
- Jury deadlocks in OC distracted driving case
- 290 missing, 6 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- West Adams fire in converted garage injures 4
- 3 'pimps' busted for Compton prostitution ring 36 min ago
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Possible 5th victim sought in serial murders
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- Pro-Russian insurgents seize armored vehicles 26 min ago
- abcnews: 10 most awful jobs for 2014 revealed
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break