Los Angeles News
ABC7 photographer Artie Williams III remembered by LA city officials
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors paid tribute Tuesday to one of our beloved colleagues at Eyewitness News.
They honored photojournalist Artie Williams III, who suddenly passed away Saturday while scuba diving off the coast of Catalina Island.
They remembered him as a passionate professional and a friend. Artie joined the Eyewitness News team in 1982.
"In broadcast journalism, it's often the on-air reporter or the anchor who we most associate with bringing us the news, but in many respects, it was Artie Williams, who with unparalleled skill, also brought the stories of this region's struggles and successes to the entire world," said Sup. Mark Ridley-Thomas.
Artie was a consummate professional with an honest concern for everyone he met on the job and off. The Los Angeles City Council also honored Artie by adjourning its meeting in his memory on Tuesday.
los angeles news
- Body found in canyon ID'd as Maribel Ramos
- Castaic-area brush fire nears containment
- CA task force aims to control gun ownership
- Greuel, Garcetti vie for last-minute votes
- Couple arrested in LA pot grow operation
- OC church burglary suspect in custody
- Yosemite park's tourist amenities at stake
- Frazier Park fire: Crews gain upper hand
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Virginia parade crash injures up to 60 people 24 min ago
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- abcnews: Flesh-eating bacteria survivor's bionic hands
- OTRC: Jennifer Lopez debuts 'Live It Up' video