Los Angeles News
ABC7 photographer Artie Williams III remembered by LA city officials
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors paid tribute Tuesday to one of our beloved colleagues at Eyewitness News.
They honored photojournalist Artie Williams III, who suddenly passed away Saturday while scuba diving off the coast of Catalina Island.
They remembered him as a passionate professional and a friend. Artie joined the Eyewitness News team in 1982.
"In broadcast journalism, it's often the on-air reporter or the anchor who we most associate with bringing us the news, but in many respects, it was Artie Williams, who with unparalleled skill, also brought the stories of this region's struggles and successes to the entire world," said Sup. Mark Ridley-Thomas.
Artie was a consummate professional with an honest concern for everyone he met on the job and off. The Los Angeles City Council also honored Artie by adjourning its meeting in his memory on Tuesday.
los angeles news
- Glendale Galleria $85K bracelet thief sought
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Compton chase victim remembered by loved ones 7 min ago
- Van Nuys arsonist suspect sought by LAFD 5 min ago
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail
- Man arrested for suspected arson in Oxnard 50 min ago
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
1 min ago