Los Angeles News
Bullet barely misses driver's head on 170 Freeway
NORTH HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Shots were fired on a North Hollywood freeway early Friday morning, and one bullet narrowly missed a driver's head. Investigators are calling it a random shooting.
The shots were fired at about 12:30 a.m. on the 170 Freeway at Burbank Boulevard. The shooter is still on the loose.
The car was hit by three bullets. Bullet holes were seen on the side door and windshield. One bullet ricocheted inside the car and barely missed the driver's head.
Police said the driver, Peter Dang, was driving home from work, heading northbound on the 170 Freeway. He noticed a car pull up next to him. He said he didn't think much of it at first until he heard several loud bangs. Dang then exited the freeway and called police. Investigators said Dang is extremely lucky to be alive.
"I didn't notice it, but they're saying I still have shards of glass still stuck in my back right now, but I didn't feel anything," said Dang.
Officials said Dang was not able to get a good look at the vehicle. They are searching for a silver newer-model 4-door sedan. Anyone with information about the shooting should contact the Los Angeles Police Department at (877) LAPD 24-7.
shooting, los angeles news, q mccray
- James Gandolfini of 'Sopranos' dies at 51
- Hollywood panhandlers allegedly kill LA woman
- OC caregiver arrested for alleged sex assault
- Tip led to ex-USC professor's Mexico arrest
- Fugitive child-abuse couple seen in Maywood
- Wrong-way driver charged with DUI in 14 pile-up
- West Hills murder suspect pleads not guilty
- Man stabbed during carjacking in Oxnard
- FBI busts international sports gambling ring 6 min ago
- Afghan leader suspends talks with Taliban, US
- abcnews: Marine returns from war as underwear model
- Piedmont beef's lower fat entices connoisseurs
- Michael Jackson chef describes confrontation
- OTRC: 'Anchorman 2' new trailer (Video)