Los Angeles News
Whittier man found with gunshot wounds in SUV
WHITTIER, Calif. (KABC) -- Police are looking for answers in the death of a 71-year-old man who was found shot in his car near his Whittier home.
Joe Telles' body was found around 1:30 p.m. Friday inside his parked SUV on the 13900 block of Placid Drive. Telles' daughter, who only wanted to be named as "Michelle," says her father was trying to sell the vehicle.
Elleria Vargas discovered Telles' body after noticing a vehicle was partially blocking her driveway. She saw blood on the ground and looked in through a window.
"I thought maybe he was asleep, but he was not asleep," she said.
Vargas ran to a neighbor's house, and the police were called.
Los Angeles County Sheriff's Dep. Kim Manatt says homicide detectives were notified, and they determined the wounds were from gunshots.
Authorities are trying to figure out a motive for the shooting. Family members are pleading for help.
"Please, if anybody has any information please contact the police. He didn't deserve to die this way," Michelle said.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-8477.
A memorial fund has been set up for the victim's family:
Joe Michael Telles Memorial
Bank of the West
12709 Valley View Ave., La Mirada 90638
body found, los angeles news, amy powell
- Las Vegas casino shooting video released
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Disabled councilman knocked out in Devore crash
- Mansion party arrests: Teens post pics online
- Human remains found in forest above Altadena
- 'Button-down Bandit' arrested after pursuit
- Prisoner reduction deadline pushed to April
- 1 dead in small plane crash off Molokai, Hawaii
- Senator's aide arrested on child porn charges
- abcnews: Bernie Madoff's 7 biggest lies
- Moving while sitting can prevent back pain
- SAG Awards: '12 Years a Slave' leads noms
- OTRC: Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs separate
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
31 min ago