Los Angeles News
Fake explosive, gun shut down Sunset for hours
HOLLYWOOD (KABC) -- Sunset Blvd. was closed twice between Cherokee and Wilcox due to a shooting and a suspicious device Monday.
Police received a report of a person reportedly firing a shotgun at construction workers from an apartment complex between Cherokee and Seward avenues at 3:30 p.m.
The LAPD closed eastbound lanes of traffic on Sunset Blvd. between Cherokee and Wilcox. Officers surrounded the neighborhood while they investigated and a large perimeter was established. The apartment complex is located on Leland Way, facing Sunset, according to the LAPD.
A male shooting suspect surrendered willingly to police at approximately 5:05 p.m. A female suspect and a second male suspect were also arrested. All three were believed to be in their early 20s.
Upon entering the third-floor apartment, officers found what they called an explosive device. Sawed-off shotguns were also found.
An LAPD bomb squad was summoned and a police perimeter was established around the earlier area.
Sunset Boulevard lanes were closed again in response to the suspicious device investigation. All lanes between Wilcox and Cherokee avenues were closed as a precaution.
An LAPD spokesperson said a stick of dynamite and one gun were replicas.
No injuries were reported.
shooting, suspicious object, hollywood, los angeles news
- Mandela honored by world, South Africans 40 min ago
- South El Monte hospital fire triggers evacs 39 min ago
- Blustering winds, low temps hitting Southland
- Man who allegedly pranked coaches arrested
- Informant speaks out on jail abuse probe
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial
- OCTA votes against 405 Freeway toll lanes
- Glendale man gets 5 yrs in 'sextortion' case
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- abcnews: Senate extends ban on plastic guns
- New cockroach found in NYC can withstand cold
- 6 finalists announced for 2013 Heisman trophy
- 'Saving Mr. Banks' tells 'Poppins' back story
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke