Los Angeles News
Missing Downey girl reunited with mother
DOWNEY, Calif. (KABC) -- A missing girl from Downey has been reunited with her mother, and her accused abductor is being questioned by police.
Authorities say the suspect, identified as Kailei Valdivia, told the girl's mother that she was going to the store with the girl, Stephanie Hartzell, at about 6 p.m. Monday, but they never returned home. The mother contacted police at 9 a.m. Tuesday.
Police say Valdivia, 42, was temporarily living with Stephanie and her mother. She told detectives it was all a misunderstanding. The mother says she had no right to keep her child overnight.
Valdivia met with police at a park in Norwalk just before 5 p.m., where she returned the child.
missing person, kidnap, los angeles news, leanne suter
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- 12 arrested, $2.5M in drugs seized in sting
- Ex-deputy convicted in fatal bar shooting 53 min ago
- Bell's Rizzo to plead guilty to tax evasion
- Car slams into Ventura house; driver arrested
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense presents case
- abcnews: Ohio police chief slams Kanye West
- Klinsmann to remain as US coach through 2018
- Sitting still for hours raises blood clot risk 58 min ago
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach
- Redmond O'Neal testifies in Fawcett art case
- OTRC: Disney Channel film to feature Belle's son