Los Angeles News
RV slams into Carson building; driver shot, killed by deputy
CARSON, Calif. (KABC) -- A man in Carson was shot and killed by a deputy after driving a recreational vehicle into a building.
The incident happened shortly before 6 p.m. Wednesday on the 21200 block of South Figueroa Street near the Carson Town Center.
It's unclear what prompted the deputy to open fire, but the suspect was pronounced dead after being taken to the hospital. No deputies were injured.
The identity of the suspect was not immediately released.
deputy-involved shooting, los angeles news
- James Gandolfini of 'Sopranos' dies at 51
- Tip led to ex-USC professor's Mexico arrest 3 min ago
- Hollywood panhandlers allegedly kill LA woman
- OC caregiver arrested for alleged sex assault
- East LA chase reaches speeds close to 120 mph
- Fugitive child-abuse couple seen in Maywood
- Wrong-way driver charged with DUI in 14 pile-up
- West Hills murder suspect pleads not guilty
- FBI busts international sports gambling ring
- Afghan leader suspends talks with Taliban, US
- abcnews: Marine returns from war as underwear model
- Piedmont beef's lower fat entices connoisseurs
- Michael Jackson chef describes confrontation
- OTRC: 'Anchorman 2' new trailer (Video)
- California lawmakers, governor get pay raise
20 min ago