Los Angeles News
LA County Fair kicks off Labor Day weekend w/ fun, food, animals
POMONA, Calif. (KABC) -- If you're looking for a fun way to start the Labor Day weekend, head out to Pomona for the L.A. County Fair.
A new attraction at the 90th annual fair includes an exhibit inspired by American innovations and inventions. The Genius Exhibit will chronicle 50 inventors including Henry Ford, the Wright brothers and Steve Jobs.
Another draw for the fair, as always, include a variety of decadent foods including deep fried pickles, bacon-wrapped corndogs, deep-fried red velvet cake, beef ribs, sweet potato corn dogs and deep-fried Dodger dogs.
And what's a fair without cute animals? Exhibits will show a range of animals from pygmy goats to bears.
The gates open at 3 p.m. at the Pomona Fairplex located at 1101 W. McKinley Ave. Pomona, CA 91768. The fair runs from Friday Aug. 31 to Sept. 30 Wednesday through Sunday. The fair will be open through Labor Day Sept. 3, but will be closed other Mondays and Tuesdays.
Opening weekend hours
Friday, Aug. 31: 3 p.m. - midnight
Saturday, Sept. 1: 10 a.m. - midnight
Sunday, Sept. 2: 10 a.m. - midnight
Monday, Sept. 3: 10 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Sept. 5-30 hours (closed Mondays & Tuesdays)
Wednesdays: Noon-10 p.m.
Thursdays: Noon-11 p.m.
Saturdays: 10 a.m.-midnight
Sundays: 10 a.m.-10 p.m.
Other fair information including admission fees can be found on www.lacountyfair.com.
holiday, pomona, los angeles news
- Oklahoma tornado: 20 children among 51 killed
- Undersheriff Tanaka speaks out against Baca
- Garcetti, Greuel make final stops across LA
- 'DWTS': Zendaya holds lead in final four
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts w/ 2 girls
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery
- Video: Pit bull owners rally against discrimination
- Girl escapes brazen kidnap attempt in OC
- UC hospital workers to strike over higher pay
- NKorea on day 3 of short-range weapon launches
- abcnews: Apple CEO defends offshore tax policy
- Experts warn about testosterone supplements
- Ray Manzarek, The Doors founder, dies at 74
- OTRC: 'Dancing With The Stars' recap - week 10