Los Angeles News
LA County Fair kicks off Labor Day weekend w/ fun, food, animals
POMONA, Calif. (KABC) -- If you're looking for a fun way to start the Labor Day weekend, head out to Pomona for the L.A. County Fair.
A new attraction at the 90th annual fair includes an exhibit inspired by American innovations and inventions. The Genius Exhibit will chronicle 50 inventors including Henry Ford, the Wright brothers and Steve Jobs.
Another draw for the fair, as always, include a variety of decadent foods including deep fried pickles, bacon-wrapped corndogs, deep-fried red velvet cake, beef ribs, sweet potato corn dogs and deep-fried Dodger dogs.
And what's a fair without cute animals? Exhibits will show a range of animals from pygmy goats to bears.
The gates open at 3 p.m. at the Pomona Fairplex located at 1101 W. McKinley Ave. Pomona, CA 91768. The fair runs from Friday Aug. 31 to Sept. 30 Wednesday through Sunday. The fair will be open through Labor Day Sept. 3, but will be closed other Mondays and Tuesdays.
Opening weekend hours
Friday, Aug. 31: 3 p.m. - midnight
Saturday, Sept. 1: 10 a.m. - midnight
Sunday, Sept. 2: 10 a.m. - midnight
Monday, Sept. 3: 10 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Sept. 5-30 hours (closed Mondays & Tuesdays)
Wednesdays: Noon-10 p.m.
Thursdays: Noon-11 p.m.
Saturdays: 10 a.m.-midnight
Sundays: 10 a.m.-10 p.m.
Other fair information including admission fees can be found on www.lacountyfair.com.
holiday, pomona, los angeles news
- Deputies allegedly planted guns in pot clinic
- $20K reward offered in unsolved Compton murder 51 min ago
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house 56 min ago
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run
- Claremont sexual predator charged with felonies
- Suspicious bag found on the tarmac at LAX
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Murder suspect worried tattoo might hurt case
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Laura Prepon reacts to Tom Cruise rumors