Los Angeles News
Pursuit suspects arrested after bizarre chase
SANTA CLARITA, Calif. (KABC) -- Two pursuit suspects were taken into police custody after a bizarre high-speed chase that ended in the Placerita Canyon area on Friday.
Just after 3:30 p.m., officers from LAPD's Foothill Division were seen chasing a possible DUI suspect. The pursuit covered several freeways, from the 210 Freeway to the 5 Freeway to the 14 Freeway.
The suspect exited the freeway in Santa Clarita at Placerita Canyon Road and then came to a dead end. He turned around, then ran off the road into bushes for no apparent reason.
The driver, who appeared to be limping, and his female companion tried to flee on foot. When they got to a hill, the male suspect sat down.
The woman joined him, handed him something to drink and then appeared to stomp on something she was carrying, apparently burying evidence.
Shortly after, police officers swarmed in and took the pair into custody.
car chase, lapd, los angeles news
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Malaysia not sure which way jet was headed
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Business leaders concerned about LADWP
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book