Los Angeles News
Pursuit suspects arrested after bizarre chase
SANTA CLARITA, Calif. (KABC) -- Two pursuit suspects were taken into police custody after a bizarre high-speed chase that ended in the Placerita Canyon area on Friday.
Just after 3:30 p.m., officers from LAPD's Foothill Division were seen chasing a possible DUI suspect. The pursuit covered several freeways, from the 210 Freeway to the 5 Freeway to the 14 Freeway.
The suspect exited the freeway in Santa Clarita at Placerita Canyon Road and then came to a dead end. He turned around, then ran off the road into bushes for no apparent reason.
The driver, who appeared to be limping, and his female companion tried to flee on foot. When they got to a hill, the male suspect sat down.
The woman joined him, handed him something to drink and then appeared to stomp on something she was carrying, apparently burying evidence.
Shortly after, police officers swarmed in and took the pair into custody.
car chase, lapd, los angeles news
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal 37 min ago
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- Free admission offered to all national parks 3 min ago
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Michaels data breach: 2.6M cards affected
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour