Los Angeles News
'Haggler Bandit' linked to 3 Los Angeles County bank robberies
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The search is on for a Los Angeles-area bank robber who haggles with tellers over the amount of cash he expects to receive.
The suspect, nicknamed the "Haggler Bandit," robbed a Citibank on Fairfax Avenue near the Los Angeles Farmers Market on Friday. He also tried to rob a Chase branch on North La Cienega Boulevard near the Beverly Center.
The suspect usually robs the tellers by handing them a note. But at the Chase branch, the suspect verbally threatened the teller, saying he had a weapon. It was not known whether or not he actually had a weapon.
The man has been linked to three bank robberies and two attempted robberies in a 10-day period.
The suspect is described as a black male between 5 feet 6 inches and 5 feet 8 inches tall, weighing 160-170 pounds and anywhere between 20 and 40 years old.
Authorities urge anyone with information to contact the FBI. They can be reached 24 hours a day at (888) CANT-HIDE or (888) 226-8443.
bank robbery, los angeles news
- LAX shooting suspect appears in IE court 11 min ago
- Paul Walker autopsy results released
- Newtown dispatcher told callers to take cover
- Cold front moves across Southern California
- 405 South crash: 11 hurt in 8-vehicle pileup
- Indio High student diagnosed with tuberculosis
- Abducted Palmdale children found safe
- NY train engineer in 'daze' just before crash
- Stolen truck with radioactive load found 1 min ago
- abcnews: Mysterious stillbirths baffle doctors
- Air zone dispute: US, China talk; no consensus
- NFL fines Steelers coach Mike Tomlin $100,000
- 'Curb Appeal' co-host killed in SF crash
- OTRC: Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman in new film