Los Angeles News
Los Angeles County deputy hit by shotgun fire in South El Monte
EL MONTE, Calif. (KABC) -- A Los Angeles County sheriff's deputy was shot and wounded in South El Monte Sunday morning.
Sheriff's officials say the deputy was struck by shotgun fire. According to Capt. Mike Parker, the deputy's injury was not considered to be life-threatening.
The circumstances surrounding the shooting remain unknown, but investigators say they're searching for two male suspects in a stolen gray Nissan Armada. They say the suspects have a shotgun in their possession.
The shooting happened shortly before 9 a.m. on Durfee Avenue and Peck Road.
The Peck Road off-ramp to the westbound 60 Freeway was shut down for investigation. It was unknown when the ramp would reopen to traffic.
deputy-involved shooting, los angeles news
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Hiker becomes ill, dies at Runyon Canyon Park 5 min ago
- 2 LAPD officers injured in West L.A. crash
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge 47 min ago
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies 45 min ago
- State oversight may tame California pot shops 35 min ago
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks