Los Angeles News
710 Freeway accident: 2 girls killed, 3 others injured
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A single-vehicle accident on the 710 Freeway in the Lynwood area left two children dead and three others injured on Monday.
Authorities say a black Honda SUV lost control for unknown reasons while in the northbound lanes of the freeway south of Imperial Highway just before 9 a.m. The vehicle went off the side of the roadway, flew over a fence and slammed into a tree.
Drivers of several other vehicles stopped to help the occupants in the overturned vehicle.
A 4-year-old girl and a 6-year-old girl were declared dead at the scene. Three other people were hospitalized: a 5-year-old boy is in critical condition, an 8-year-old boy has minor injuries and the driver, who is the mother of at least one of the children, is in critical condition.
Authorities say everyone was wearing seatbelts. The cause of the accident remains under investigation.
accident, los angeles news, leanne suter
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Los Angeles Marathon 2014 street closures
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land 46 min ago
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video