Los Angeles News
Driver arrested for fatal 710 Freeway crash
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A driver critically injured in a crash on the 710 Freeway in Lynwood has been arrested while still in the hospital.
The California Highway Patrol identified the driver as a 26-year-old woman. She was driving north on the 710 Freeway on Monday with her four children when the collision occurred.
Authorities say a black Honda SUV lost control for unknown reasons, went off the side of the roadway, flew over a fence and slammed into a tree.
Two of children, girls ages 4 and 6, died at the scene. Their 6- and 8-year-old brothers remain in the hospital, one in critical condition.
Investigators say excessive speed may have been a factor.
accident, arrest, los angeles news
- Charges announced against sheriff's officials
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- Holiday shipping deadlines quickly approaching
- Pomona gang member arrested for murder 3 min ago
- Man arrested for Ventura transient's murder 37 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 hurt in unrelated Pomona shootings
- Icy storm persists, disrupts travel in east US
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's uncle
- abcnews: Campus cop fatally shoots Texas student
- Nelson Mandela memorial to see world leaders
- Jenni Rivera plane crash: New details emerge
- Leighton Meester to make Broadway debut
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke