Los Angeles News
Marijuana dispensary ban in LA held off until petitions verified
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A ban on medical marijuana dispensaries in Los Angeles will not take effect on Thursday as planned.
An ordinance passed by the Los Angeles City Council in July is now on hold while the city clerk verifies 50,000 signatures on a petition turned in by dispensary backers last week to overturn the ban.
If verified, the city will have to decide whether to drop the ordinance or place the issue on the ballot next year.
medical marijuana, marijuana, marijuana clinic, los angeles news
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape 4 min ago
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect 50 min ago
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- Crates of mail found abandoned in Hollywood
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Pro-Russian insurgents ignore diplomatic deal
- Sub scours ocean for missing Malaysian jet
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)