Los Angeles News
Canoga Park standoff ends; suspect missing
CANOGA PARK, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A standoff in Canoga Park has ended, but the man suspected of firing a weapon has vanished, and police are still searching for him.
Los Angeles police say the situation started as a domestic dispute that escalated into a standoff at about 6 a.m. near Canoga Avenue and Wyandotte Street on the 7300 block of Remmet Avenue. Residents in the area were advised to remain in their homes until further notice for their own safety.
SWAT officers entered the home at about 1 p.m., but the suspect was nowhere to be found. Residents described the man who lives in the home as the neighborhood troublemaker.
The cause of the dispute between the couple was not known, but officials say the woman in the residence is OK.
No schools in the area were locked down due to the incident. LAPD's Topanga Division was handling the case. Authorities say they know the suspect's identity, but his name was not released.
standoff, lapd, los angeles news, sid garcia
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- 12 arrested, $2.5M in drugs seized in sting
- Ex-deputy convicted in fatal bar shooting 40 min ago
- Bell's Rizzo to plead guilty to tax evasion
- Car slams into Ventura house; driver arrested
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense presents case
- abcnews: Ohio police chief slams Kanye West
- Klinsmann to remain as US coach through 2018
- Sitting still for hours raises blood clot risk 45 min ago
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach
- Redmond O'Neal testifies in Fawcett art case
- OTRC: Disney Channel film to feature Belle's son