Los Angeles News
Canoga Park standoff ends; suspect missing
CANOGA PARK, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A standoff in Canoga Park has ended, but the man suspected of firing a weapon has vanished, and police are still searching for him.
Los Angeles police say the situation started as a domestic dispute that escalated into a standoff at about 6 a.m. near Canoga Avenue and Wyandotte Street on the 7300 block of Remmet Avenue. Residents in the area were advised to remain in their homes until further notice for their own safety.
SWAT officers entered the home at about 1 p.m., but the suspect was nowhere to be found. Residents described the man who lives in the home as the neighborhood troublemaker.
The cause of the dispute between the couple was not known, but officials say the woman in the residence is OK.
No schools in the area were locked down due to the incident. LAPD's Topanga Division was handling the case. Authorities say they know the suspect's identity, but his name was not released.
standoff, lapd, los angeles news, sid garcia
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found 21 min ago
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- Temecula man arrested in drug sales bust 28 min ago
- Pomona man hurt in shooting; suspect sought
- 2 pedestrians struck, killed on Norwalk street
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- Photos: Aaron Paul, wife at 'Need For Speed' premiere