Los Angeles News
Canoga Park standoff ends; suspect missing
CANOGA PARK, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A standoff in Canoga Park has ended, but the man suspected of firing a weapon has vanished, and police are still searching for him.
Los Angeles police say the situation started as a domestic dispute that escalated into a standoff at about 6 a.m. near Canoga Avenue and Wyandotte Street on the 7300 block of Remmet Avenue. Residents in the area were advised to remain in their homes until further notice for their own safety.
SWAT officers entered the home at about 1 p.m., but the suspect was nowhere to be found. Residents described the man who lives in the home as the neighborhood troublemaker.
The cause of the dispute between the couple was not known, but officials say the woman in the residence is OK.
No schools in the area were locked down due to the incident. LAPD's Topanga Division was handling the case. Authorities say they know the suspect's identity, but his name was not released.
standoff, lapd, los angeles news, sid garcia
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking
- Anaheim begins closing marijuana dispensaries
- Odor forces evacuation of Pasadena building
- Memorial Day: Gas prices aren't stopping drivers 19 min ago
- Palmdale boy dies after allegedly being tortured 56 min ago
- First section of new 405 Freeway lane opens
- LA attempted murder suspect caught in Colo.
- Truck in bridge collapse had permit to cross
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted; 2 arrested
- abcnews: New clues to 'frustrated' Boston suspect
- NASA wants astronauts on asteroid by 2021
- Amanda Bynes arrested in NYC on pot charge
- 'The Rock' returns for 'Fast & Furious 6'
- OTRC: Leonardo DiCaprio space trip nabs $1.5 mill