Los Angeles News
Granada Hills driving school instructor accused of sexual battery
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A driving school instructor in Granada Hills was charged on Thursday for "inappropriate touching," and investigators fear there may be other victims.
Prosecutors charged 44-year-old Joselito Valencia Danan, who owns Valleywide Driving School, with misdemeanor sexual battery of a juvenile.
Authorities say the 17-year-old alleged victim says that the incident happened on Aug. 16 during a driving training lesson. Investigators say the alleged victim's family alerted police. No further details were immediately available.
"We are obviously concerned that there could be other potential victims because of the access that this individual had to juveniles," said LAPD officer Karen Rayner.
Anthony Van Hartesvelt, an employee at the driving school, said he was surprised by the accusations, and said he doesn't believe them to be true. He said he has spoken to the suspect, who told him that the accusations weren't true.
"The allegations completely caught me off guard," he said. "I know him, he's a nice guy."
Anyone with information about the suspect is urged to call (877) LAPD-24-7.
arrest, sex crimes, sexual assault, los angeles news, leo stallworth
- Echo Park apartment fire kills 2, injures 2
- Sriracha distribution on hold for 30 days
- Mandela interpreter cites hallucinations
- Las Vegas casino shooting video released
- Arleta deadly road rage suspect identified
- Car slams into Ventura house; driver arrested
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Human remains found in forest above Altadena
- Woman in newlywed murder agrees to plea deal 4 min ago
- abcnews: Arrowhead Stadium victim's family talks
- Wal-Mart ban stemmed from alleged threat
- Australia rejects law allowing gay marriage
- Bale talks 'Hustle,' 'Out of the Furnace'
- OTRC: Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs separate