Los Angeles News
April melee at Santa Monica college could've been prevented - report
SANTA MONICA, Calif. (KABC) -- The April melee outside a Santa Monica Community College Board of Trustees meeting could have been prevented, according to an internal police report obtained by the Los Angeles Times.
The report found that administrators shouldn't have denied a request from college police to move the meeting to a larger hall to accommodate more students.
About 30 people protesting a proposed fee hike were pepper-sprayed after trying to force their way inside the meeting.
education, los angeles news
- Injured LAPD officer released from hospital 12 min ago
- LA Marathon: Ethiopian runners sweep race
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- San Dimas boat crash leaves 1 dead, 1 injured 46 min ago
- Los Angeles Marathon 2014 street closures
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- William Clay Ford, Lions owner, dies
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks