Los Angeles News
April melee at Santa Monica college could've been prevented - report
SANTA MONICA, Calif. (KABC) -- The April melee outside a Santa Monica Community College Board of Trustees meeting could have been prevented, according to an internal police report obtained by the Los Angeles Times.
The report found that administrators shouldn't have denied a request from college police to move the meeting to a larger hall to accommodate more students.
About 30 people protesting a proposed fee hike were pepper-sprayed after trying to force their way inside the meeting.
education, los angeles news
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse 52 min ago
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Kidnap suspect search shuts down DTLA streets 50 min ago
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- IE man found guilty of molesting 3 girls
- Police: 2 South LA fires may be connected
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Toddler found playing inside toy claw machine
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Mrs. Doubtfire 2' planned, child star reacts