Los Angeles News
April melee at Santa Monica college could've been prevented - report
SANTA MONICA, Calif. (KABC) -- The April melee outside a Santa Monica Community College Board of Trustees meeting could have been prevented, according to an internal police report obtained by the Los Angeles Times.
The report found that administrators shouldn't have denied a request from college police to move the meeting to a larger hall to accommodate more students.
About 30 people protesting a proposed fee hike were pepper-sprayed after trying to force their way inside the meeting.
education, los angeles news
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 2 7 min ago
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal 5 min ago
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- Missing flight's last words were routine 32 min ago
- Tanker crash shuts I-5 North lanes in Castaic 44 min ago
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- CA DMV mulls how to regulate driverless cars
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings 28 min ago
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand 11 min ago
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons
- Unbelievable scenes from Colorado car chase
55 min ago
- Viewer video from East Harlem explosion site
54 min ago