Los Angeles News
'Meatball' the bear's final home on hold
GLENDALE, Calif. (KABC) -- "Meatball" the bear is still at a wildlife sanctuary near San Diego because plans for his final home are on hold.
The 400-pound black bear was taken to the sanctuary after being captured in La Canada-Flintridge, where he has a history of rummaging through yards, trash cans and refrigerators.
Officials wanted to move him to a sanctuary in Colorado, but legal complications got in the way.
So, Meatball will stay put near San Diego until the Department of Fish and Game can find him a permanent home in his native California.
animal news, los angeles news
- Oklahoma tornadoes level homes, kill man
- Deputies gun down armed man during fight
- Loot-seeking vandals trash Palmdale church
- Calif. law takes effect on microstamping guns
- 1 arrested, 2 outstanding after VC pursuit
- IE woman punches officer, tries to take Taser
- Deputies rescue stranded Swedish family
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures
- Beckham in tears as he bids farewell to Paris
- 'Star Trek' tops box office with $70.6M debut
- Swift to perform at Billboard Music Awards
- OTRC: Jennifer Lawrence's accused stalker arrested