Los Angeles News
2 girls injured in alleged drunk driving crash in Glassell Park
GLASSELL PARK, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A 6-year-old girl is fighting for her life after she and her 14-year-old sister were struck in Glassell Park by an allegedly drunk driver.
The incident happened at about 7:30 p.m. Friday on San Fernando Road near the 2 Freeway.
Police say the two children were crossing the street with their grandmother when they were struck by a minivan being driven by a 64-year-old man.
Crews say the 6-year-old girl is undergoing brain surgery. Her older sister is in critical but stable condition.
"They just went flying. It was horrible to see them. They weren't moving at all," described witness Dan Zito.
Police say the grandmother was not seriously injured. The driver was arrested at the scene on suspicion of driving under the influence. His name was not immediately released.
dui, car crash, los angeles news
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down 27 min ago
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Disabled councilman knocked out in Devore crash
- Mansion party arrests: Teens post pics online
- Human remains found in forest above Altadena 43 min ago
- Ex-con allegedly attacked 2 relatives, friend
- 'Button-down Bandit' arrested after pursuit 53 min ago
- Prisoner reduction deadline pushed to April
- 1 dead in small plane crash off Molokai, Hawaii
- Senator's aide arrested on child porn charges
- abcnews: Bernie Madoff's 7 biggest lies
- Moving while sitting can prevent back pain
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $400 million
- OTRC: Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs separate
- Longest Rose Parade float goes for test drive
37 min ago