Los Angeles News
Woman's body found in Calabasas during sheriff's search-rescue drill
CALABASAS, Calif. (KABC) -- A Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department training mission led to the discovery of a woman's body off Mulholland Highway in a canyon in Calabasas.
A search and rescue team found the victim in her car last Sunday. Rescuers made their way down a hillside to the SUV, which was still on its roof.
Investigators said they believe the Lincoln Aviator belonged to the woman and that she had been living in it.
It's unclear why information about the discovery was held for nearly a week.
The victim's name has not been released.
body found, los angeles news
- Brush fire burning near Gorman 14 min ago
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- Perris pastor arrested for rape of minor
- Malaysia plane disappearance deliberate?
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage
- Azusa cheerleader dies from rare lung cancer
- Tweet lands 20-yr-old Los Angeles man in jail
- CA couple allegedly left child in car to gamble
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- Photos: 'Modern Family' home selling for $2.35M
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)