Los Angeles News
Woman's body found in Calabasas during sheriff's search-rescue drill
CALABASAS, Calif. (KABC) -- A Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department training mission led to the discovery of a woman's body off Mulholland Highway in a canyon in Calabasas.
A search and rescue team found the victim in her car last Sunday. Rescuers made their way down a hillside to the SUV, which was still on its roof.
Investigators said they believe the Lincoln Aviator belonged to the woman and that she had been living in it.
It's unclear why information about the discovery was held for nearly a week.
The victim's name has not been released.
body found, los angeles news
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college 33 min ago
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway
- Claremont sexual predator charged with felonies 8 min ago
- Two men arrested in Simi Valley car thefts 58 min ago
- Anaheim fire: House had pack rat conditions
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Murder suspect worried tattoo might hurt case
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Laura Prepon reacts to Tom Cruise rumors