Los Angeles News
Gang-related shooting in Compton kills 1, injures 2
COMPTON, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities are investigating what they are calling a gang-related shooting in Compton that left one person dead and two others in the hospital Monday.
The shooting happened in the 400 block of West Magnolia Street around 1:30 a.m. in an alleyway behind an apartment building where a group of young men gathered to socialize. A man then walked up and opened fire on the group, hitting three people.
One person was declared dead at the scene and two others were rushed to the hospital.
Lt. John Corina with the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Office says a hunt is underway for the lone gunman, who reportedly fled on foot.
Deputies say there were several witnesses present at the time of the shooting. They will be interviewed as part of the investigation.
There is no suspect description at this time. The victims have not been identified.
shooting, gang activity, los angeles news, q mccray
- Report of gun in LA Times bldg: suspect detained
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Cute bear cub left alone at animal rescue 58 min ago
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film 7 min ago
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in...
31 min ago