Los Angeles News
Gang-related shooting in Compton kills 1, injures 2
COMPTON, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities are investigating what they are calling a gang-related shooting in Compton that left one person dead and two others in the hospital Monday.
The shooting happened in the 400 block of West Magnolia Street around 1:30 a.m. in an alleyway behind an apartment building where a group of young men gathered to socialize. A man then walked up and opened fire on the group, hitting three people.
One person was declared dead at the scene and two others were rushed to the hospital.
Lt. John Corina with the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Office says a hunt is underway for the lone gunman, who reportedly fled on foot.
Deputies say there were several witnesses present at the time of the shooting. They will be interviewed as part of the investigation.
There is no suspect description at this time. The victims have not been identified.
shooting, gang activity, los angeles news, q mccray
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run 23 min ago
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- Aereo case: Justices skeptical, concerned
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet 14 min ago
- abcnews: Man accused of killing teens who entered home
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- Zadan, Meron to produce Oscars for 3rd year
- OTRC: Drew Barrymore gives birth to baby No. 2