Los Angeles News
Gang-related shooting in Compton kills 1, injures 2
COMPTON, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities are investigating what they are calling a gang-related shooting in Compton that left one person dead and two others in the hospital Monday.
The shooting happened in the 400 block of West Magnolia Street around 1:30 a.m. in an alleyway behind an apartment building where a group of young men gathered to socialize. A man then walked up and opened fire on the group, hitting three people.
One person was declared dead at the scene and two others were rushed to the hospital.
Lt. John Corina with the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Office says a hunt is underway for the lone gunman, who reportedly fled on foot.
Deputies say there were several witnesses present at the time of the shooting. They will be interviewed as part of the investigation.
There is no suspect description at this time. The victims have not been identified.
shooting, gang activity, los angeles news, q mccray
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Stage collapse reported at Servite High School
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video