Los Angeles News
Gang-related shooting in Compton kills 1, injures 2
COMPTON, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities are investigating what they are calling a gang-related shooting in Compton that left one person dead and two others in the hospital Monday.
The shooting happened in the 400 block of West Magnolia Street around 1:30 a.m. in an alleyway behind an apartment building where a group of young men gathered to socialize. A man then walked up and opened fire on the group, hitting three people.
One person was declared dead at the scene and two others were rushed to the hospital.
Lt. John Corina with the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Office says a hunt is underway for the lone gunman, who reportedly fled on foot.
Deputies say there were several witnesses present at the time of the shooting. They will be interviewed as part of the investigation.
There is no suspect description at this time. The victims have not been identified.
shooting, gang activity, los angeles news, q mccray
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery
- Tornadoes strike Midwest; storms to persist
- Greuel, Garcetti make final stops across LA 6 min ago
- UC hospital workers to strike over higher pay
- Laguna Beach sex assault suspect surrenders 55 min ago
- Man's body found in vacant apartment in IE
- Man shot, killed in Victorville; 1 arrested
- Hollywood High honored for musical theater
- Girl, 10, fatally shot inside NorCal home
- abcnews: Hofstra student killed in police standoff
- 2 killed in Turkey hot air balloon crash
- United's 787 Dreamliners back in service
- Taylor Swift wins big at Billboard Awards
- Photos: Best moments at Billboard Awards 2013